Unable to create accounts or add customers

Hi
I am unable to create accounts via the front end of my prestashop store and not able to create customers via the back end the backend generates the error "the field lastname is invalid"

The front end generates the errors
There are 3 errors :
lastname is invalid
firstname is invalid
city is invalid

Even when trying to update the default user in prestashop with a new password I get the errors.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Seems like a fairly fundamental requirement for any ecommerce solution to be able to add customers but apparently not.

Can't even edit the default user john doe in the back end and when sending a link to a friend well what do you know.

There is 1 error :

1. Your friend's name is invalid.

Everyname you enter in this product is invalid
Prestashop is invalid

Running PHP Version 5.2.0
On MySQL 5

Whats going on?

Does anybody have any ideas?

Your post is invalid

Your reply to your own post is invalid

I've never seen this problem before. Your database must be messed up somehow. Perhaps it is missing the lastname, firstname and city fields from ps_address table. What version of PrestaShop are you using? Did you upgrade from an earlier version?

Well, I'm stumped. I've never encountered this error on any of the PrestaShop v1.2.5 websites I've ever done. Hopefully, PrestaShop v1.3 will work for you.

Maybe it is your PHP version. PHP 5.2.0 is pretty old. What version are you using Brianelee?

• 3 weeks later...

This is my first post here... I couldn't stop myself from registration to contribute in this issue :$

I got this error after editing the [/classes/Validate.php] file. for some reasons the PrestaShop stops accepting First & Last Names along with the City Name :S

All what I had to do to go over this is uploading a clean/original version of the file and everything works smoothly and fine.

I attached the original file that came with version: 1.3.1.1

Hope that helps you...

Validate.php

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

When i try upgrade to 1.4.2 i have some problem.
Its bug with validate - you can create accaunt only with latin symbolt (not work cyrrilic)

PS. cant see it on bugtracker - search on bugtracker not work - i have error 'Error occurred while retrieving user with username 'tropicaldream'.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...