All Variables getting HTML escaped in my module in prestashop 1.7 causing module not work

Dear Guys,

All Variables getting HTML escaped in my module in prestashop 1.7 causing module not work.Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Even variables that are not supposed to be HTML escaped are getting escaped and getting printed as text.How do I make prestashop aware about this issue?Please advice

This is by design. In PrestaShop v1.7, all Smarty variables are automatically escaped, so you no longer need to manually escape them. You can tell Smarty not to escape your variable by adding nofilter like this:

{$variable nofilter}

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 8 months later...

This is by design. In PrestaShop v1.7, all Smarty variables are automatically escaped, so you no longer need to manually escape them. You can tell Smarty not to escape your variable by adding nofilter like this:

{$variable nofilter}

Thank you so much, We were debugging PS 1.7 to the core trying to figure out where it was encoding the XML string that we send to Smarty Fetch.

Odd thing was that it just was happening with DEV MODE ON, LIVE MODE wasn't encoding anything..

Anyways, thanks!

Edited by Web VIZO (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1