How to link product number NOT to variants, but to underlying product?

it-gration

Dear forum,

I am using prestashop 1.6.1.6 and quite satisfied with it so far. http://webshop.it-gration is my webshop url.

One of my product is customized pc systems with different of system memory, different operating systems and other variants effecting the price.

That's why I choose attributes and groups to define 3 groups which could be configured by customers in the shop system (dropdown menua) effecting the price.

Each of these 3 groups has 3 attributes.

When I want to set the number for my product I face a dialog, allowing me to set the number for each variant - this leads in my case in a wrong number of products as shown in the following exampe:

I have x computers on stock, which could be customized by customer in the shop system in 3 groups with 3 attributes, in a overall number of 3³ variants.

Is there a way to configure the amount of my product in a way I dont have "x times 3³ products", but only x products? Or does anybody know how to implement this by changing the code, if there is no way to configure it?

Thx a lot in advance

Stefan

Thx for your quick reply.

I guess product pack is equal to bundle? I just tested this functionality - it works indeed.

But it is not comfortable to configure for the customers their products as I could not find a way to offer a selection box or a drop down menue to configure the pc.

Neither for me, as I have to create in my case 27 different product packs, or am I wrong?

Stefan

But it is not comfortable to configure for the customers their products as I could not find a way to offer a selection box or a drop down menue to configure the pc.

Neither for me, as I have to create in my case 27 different product packs, or am I wrong?

Indeed. But I wouldn't know another solution.