I NEED THIS: An item in your cart is no longer available. You cannot proceed with your order.

idunknowmyname

Hi, 

I'm using prestashop 1.6.1.1 

I need this function to inform my customers at the summary page that an item in the cart is no longer available as other customers have purchased them. 

An item in your cart is no longer available. You cannot proceed with your order.

How do I enable it? 

You can activate to not allow sale of out of stock items/combinations on your Prestashop settings. Go to tab: preferences -> products -> Display the "add to cart" button when a product has attributes = NO

and

Allow ordering of out-of-stock products= NO

Hey, 

Thanks for replying. But I think this is not what I need. 

I need the message in the shopping cart summary to tell the customer that the an item inside his/her cart is unavailable in the quantity he/she wants to buy. 

He/she needs to adjust the quantity before proceeding to the next step of the check out process. 

I remember the older prestashop versions had this. But I can't find it in 1.6.1.1

• 10 months later...

I don't know why the initial poster want to have this feature in cart. If you configure your Prestashop as I told before, than user will not be able to add products to the cart which are not available in stock or not available in the quantity he wants to buy. For me its the same, but you force user to change quantity he wants BEFORE the product goes to the cart. AND BTW if customer changes his quantity than in the cart and product is not available, than an error message is shown (like the proposed by iduknowmyname.

Thank for your timely answer selectshop.at

I have configured prestashop as you told.

But, in some cases, customers put product in shopping cart when they are available (e.g. today morning) and proceed to check-out long after (e.g. today evening or tomorrow or after..), so products (one or more) in cart are no longer available.

Currently prestashop allows customer to check out and let him think that product is available.

My need is to alert customer that product are no longer available and deny check out.

Than shorten the cookie-session for front-office and disallow cart after return. In this case when users return back the session expired and they need to add the products again to their cart.

Cookie session: Tab Administration -> Preferences -> Lifetime of front office cookies = 2 (session expires after 2 hours)

Disallow save carts not bought: Tab Preferences -> customers -> Re-display cart at login=NO

You can try to only disable the savings of carts and don't touch the cookie sessions if you want.

There is no need to change code, i.e. customs coding. You can realize this by configuring Prestashop correctly.

I know you are right, it works if you just set "Allow ordering out-of-stock products" to "No". But he says in his case it's not working.

BTW: @spellegrino , you also need to set on products "When out of stock": "Default: Deny orders" to work.

Thank you so much for you answers @Geo Burlibasa and @selectshop.at.

My current configuration is:

- Allow ordering out-of-stock products: No

- When out of stock: Default: Deny orders

So first I'll try to offer short session solution to my client.

If he rejects, I'll take the custom coding road  ^_^ . I guess i have to override order controller. It's right?

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post, but for those who might happen to come across this post looking for that ever elusive update to the stock/backorder issue for their shopping cart - I have a comment:

This feature is NOT part of the Prestashop core code and I am unaware of any free modules or other code that does what the OP is asking for. You will either need to PURCHASE a module or HIRE someone to make custom code modifications for you!

More importantly - DO NOT attempt to circumvent the cart function by Decreasing the cookie session time - that will only annoy your potential and existing customers!