Get product sales information in product.tpl - how?

hakeryk2

Hello,

I am trying to pass information about product sales in product.tpl. In example I want to show how much I sold of this item if the value is higher then 0.

I tried to create override of ProductController.php and in initContent I created 

function isItBestseller()
            {
                $db = Db::getInstance();
                $sql = 'SELECT quantity FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_sale WHERE id_product = '.Tools::getvalue('id_product');
                if ($salesNumber = Db::getInstance(_PS_USE_SQL_SLAVE_)->executeS($sql)) {
                    return $salesNumber;
                }
            }

and after that I put

$this->context->smarty->assign("salesNumber", isItBestseller());
        $this->setTemplate(_PS_THEME_DIR_.'product.tpl');

But when I try to {$salesNumber} then nothing happens. Ofcourse cache_index is cleared. When {$salesNumber|@print_r} it is always showing 1

Any help?

Hello,

I am trying to pass information about product sales in product.tpl. In example I want to show how much I sold of this item if the value is higher then 0.

I tried to create override of ProductController.php and in initContent I created 

{
                $sql = 'SELECT quantity FROM '._DB_PREFIX_.'product_sale WHERE id_product = '.Tools::getvalue('id_product');
                    return $salesNumber;
                }
            }

and after that I put

But when I try to {$salesNumber} then nothing happens. Ofcourse cache_index is cleared. When {$salesNumber|@print_r} it is always showing 1

Any help?

Better placed the function in an override classes/Product.php

And call it in template

$product->isItBestseller()

@lefty_sarl I was trying to show "Bestseller" information if quantity of sold products was higher than 0 or null and if was higher than 1 then do something (in my case rotate icon).

Right now is working - problem was with my override ... :(

The code that I used was 

{
            $sql = 'SELECT quantity FROM `'._DB_PREFIX_.'product_sale` WHERE `id_product` = '.Tools::getvalue('id_product');
                return $salesNumber;
            }
        }

and in product.tpl I used:

{if $salesNumber >  0 OR !empty($salesNumber)}
    <span class="yourclass">
         <i class="mi md12 cyellow {if $salesNumber > 1 }myrotate{/if}"></i> Bestseller!
    </span>
{/if}

Now everything works.

Ventura - why I should do that? I am total rookie in Prestashop and PHP&Smarty so any advice is ok for me.

Also you can use this default function in ProductController.php initContent function array

'salesNumber' => ProductSale::getNbrSales($this->product->id),

Oh crap :( Where I can find list of all functions and the most used ones? Your solution was premade and I was struggling to get this done in my way for no reason.

Well, I did it in a little different way but now I wanted to show information about bestsellers in category page (product-list.tpl) and I just used 

{if ProductSale::getNbrSales($product.id_product) > 0}
    Your Code here
{/if}

Thank Your for your help.

Edited by hakeryk2 (see edit history)