Mail Alerts Module Error

Hi there,

I'm having a big issue with the mail alerts module! It's not sending order confirmations to the admin/merchant email, so I figured I'd uninstall and then reinstall the module however prestashop is saying it's not installed?! so I click install which pop-ups with 'module already installed'! So after trying this a couple of times, I've decided I'll just delete that bloody thing from the ftp and start again did that work? No.. clicked install and popped up with the same message as before!

I've cleared my browser cache as well as the prestashop backend and manually. Just incase it was storing the information and still nothing.. 

Any help on my situation?

Cheers,

Rikki

PS 1.6.1.4

only this: This module is already installed: mailalerts.

I've also turned on error reporting (http://www.magentech.com/documentation/how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-in-prestashop-1-5-1-6/) and doesn't do anything different. 

It's still installed on the ftp but not on the admin panel.

My basic problem is that the customers receive their order confirmation however the merchant does not (via the cashondelivery module).

Edited by Riko121 (see edit history)

Perhaps your ps_module table has somehow got multiple entries for the mailalerts module? Try viewing the ps_module table in your database using phpMyAdmin, sort by name and see how many entries there are for mailalerts. If there's still an entry there even after you'll uninstalled and deleted the module, then you can try deleting that row and all rows containing the same module ID in the other tables starting with ps_module. Hopefully, when you restore the module's files and refresh the "Modules & services" tab, PrestaShop will find the module and re-add the entries in an uninstalled state so you can install the module again.