Decimal point in quantity and dynamic price

Quantoss

Hello

I have a question: Is there a way to add decimal points to quantity? Because I want to sell meat by kilograms, but i can't figure out how to add custom values to quantity, like 0,3; 1,7 etc. Is there a way to do it without paying 100 euros for a module that adds it?

Also, can I show actual price at my product page? Actual, i.e. for example 1 kg costs 4 euros, so when someone choose to buy 3 kg of it, the price above quantity at product page would change to actual 12 euros, instead of staying at fixed 4 euros, and showing the actual price later in the cart? The same thing, without paid modules?

Hello

I have a question: Is there a way to add decimal points to quantity? Because I want to sell meat by kilograms, but i can't figure out how to add custom values to quantity, like 0,3; 1,7 etc. Is there a way to do it without paying 100 euros for a module that adds it?

Also, can I show actual price at my product page? Actual, i.e. for example 1 kg costs 4 euros, so when someone choose to buy 3 kg of it, the price above quantity at product page would change to actual 12 euros, instead of staying at fixed 4 euros, and showing the actual price later in the cart? The same thing, without paid modules?

I've never heard of decimal points in the quantity field.

I advise you to take a look on Product Attributes, this is the best option you have for what you need.

• 5 months later...

Let me try to add some more thoughts on this topic as it rises a very interesting question.

It can be a problem if prestashop doesnt support order quantity other then round number. 

Here is the example. 

In my store I sell electric cables. These cables comes in packages of 50 or 100 m and they are sold in my retail stores not in those bulks but we cut them 

to the lenght customer requires. We have a policy not to cut less then half metars but we cut 0,5  3,5, 10,5, 22,5 metars for example

So we dont have prepacked products in those lenghts but we cut from bigger bulk packages and the resell further to end customers.

This is the example when we need option to orders some specific products by decimal quantities. Usually one decimal place is enough.

If we change type of the quantity field to accept decimal numbers (one decimal place) so make it double instead of integer for example can this affect some functions and calculations in Prestashop? 

We still use 1.5 version.

Any thoughts?

P.S. 

Making different prices related to how much cusotmer orders is something you can accomplish by using specific prices and rules and its native Prestashop feature.

Please take a look: 
http://prntscr.com/dd6kg3

Edited by Dolke (see edit history)

Is there a way to add decimal points to quantity? Because I want to sell meat by kilograms, but i can't figure out how to add custom values to quantity, like 0,3; 1,7 etc. Is there a way to do it without paying 100 euros for a module that adds it?

What if you don't work with kg, but with 0.1 kg or what's the smallest amount?

If you offer a item "1kg of something" and your customers changes the amount to 3, the price shown should be 4 EUR.

Edited by rictools (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Hello, 

I have similar problem. I would like to build a concept for internal IT shop for an internal services. 
And usually the effort is base by hours. But minimum order is half hour. 

Will explain with example. I have a virtual product development of API. The product consist from more smaller services. i.e. Analyses. The price is €100, but standard quotation for analyses used to be 0,5 hour. Hence I would need to allow add there just the 0.5 hours in order to let PS calculate the price to €50. 

Is it there a way? 

Thanks and Regards

Reddy