Emails stopped working with 1.6.1.5

CrossY

Hi there,

It appears as though my emails from the shop have stopped working with 1.6.1.5. I 'recently' upgraded two stores and they both share the same problem now, even though it worked fine before.

When trying to reset passwords or anything, an error pops up that 'email has been unable to send'. The same happens for adjusting order statuses which have an email attached to it. The same happens when I send out a test-email though the email config page.

I've tried with SMTP server as well, it gives an error when sending the test email:

Error: check your email configuration
Expected response code 250 but got code "", with message ""

Any way to find out whats going on, and fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Update: configuring emails now also acts weird. It is stuck in some SMTP settings, whatever I try to change it to, after clicking "SAVE" it just refreshes and has the same content as before.

It is now sending the test email with these (semi-)correct SMTP settings, but the status emails still give the same error as before. Password recovery through the front-end also returns the same error as before.

Edited by CrossY (see edit history)

Hi mdekker, 

Thanks for your assistance. This did not solve the problem. One of the installations is pretty much brand new and it didnt make a difference there either.

Any other suggestions?

Edit: Did some futher digging, I found these database fields which seem to be empty, are they supposed to be:

post-354569-0-06159500-1466690100_thumb.png

I have them filled out in the backoffice, but I can't seem to update them either (after saving the page resets and it shows the old configuration):

post-354569-0-51604100-1466690188_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrossY (see edit history)