[Job offer] Upgrade functioning module PS1.5 to PS1.6

nikmagnus

Dear Developer.

Thanks for having a look at this.
The language for this client is ENGLISH, so a good grasp of English is required.
The successful dev would need to be able to start work on this now and be prepared to estimate cost and time frame after looking at the files.

Here is a description of how the functioning module works, then what I need done is below.

Module and how it works
I have a "module" that was made for my PS1.5 shop. It offers customers to add to their order by doing the following:
• when making a new order, the module checks that there is an existing order that is valid, not yet sent or prepared for sending or cancelled
• it then displays another carrier in the carriers list which allows the user to select their previous order
• this carrier calculates the new shipping cost as a total shipping cost of both orders together minus shipping already paid from previous order.
• the amount payable is then charged.
• if the combined shipping amount becomes $0 (we have a threshold whereby the shipping goes free over a certain weight), then the shipping that was already paid is deducted from the new order.
• if there is a refund due because of 
• there is a cronjob that then amalgamates the orders back into the original order, and cancels the new order
• there are private messages added to the orders one saying it’s been cancelled and merged with order number #xyz; while the original order has a private message added to it saying it’s been merged with new order.
• transaction from the new order is placed in the original order

For example 1
order#1 10 plants at $30 each + shipping $40 = $340 paid
new order would be 1 plant at $20 plus $20 shipping = $60
but “add to" order order#2 1 plant at $20 with new calculated shipping $4 total “add to” order $24

For example 2
order#1 10 plants at $30 each + shipping $40 = $340 paid
new order would be 10  plant at $30 plus $40 shipping = $340
(in this example free shipping threshold = 15 plants = 15 kg)
but “add to" order order#2 10 plant at $30 with new combined calculated shipping $0 total “add to”
= $30 x 10 plus shipping $0 minus $40 from shipping paid in order #1 that would be refunded as total order would be >15 plants
= $260

For example 3
order#1 14 plants at $30 each + shipping $50 = $420 + 50 = $470 paid
new order would be 1 plant at $20 plus $20 shipping = $40
(in this example free shipping threshold = 15 plants = 15 kg)
but “add to" order order#2 12 plant at $20 with new calculated combined shipping $0 total “add to”
= $20 x 1 plus shipping $0 minus $50 shipping paid in order #1 that would be refunded as total order would be >15 plants
= $20 - $50 = $30 REFUND
This order would not cost customer anything and when joined, there would be an email sent that there is a $30 refund.

This module was made by changing the original PS files, and adding custom code.
I don’t think it was made as a stand alone module.
I know that it needs to be re-implemented when PS is upgraded.
I do not see that the module has a backend.

There is a cronjob.php that handles the merging.

What I need done.
note this is a fully functional and tested module in PS 1.5
I have upgraded to PS1.6, unfortunately the dev who made this is unable to assist me with the upgrade.
I require the module to be installed onto my new PS1.6 website.

How I’d like you to do this:
Install my old PS1.5 website on website or local host.
Figure out what files / SQL changes are needed to make it work.
Install my 1.6 website on a website (so that I can see it working)
Test the module on the PS1.6 website .
Once working upgrade my live site.

I shall provide you with the files and SQL data base of both PS1.5 (working) and PS1.6 (version for module to be installed).

Regards, 
Nik Magnus