Customise and reposition Search box on Mobile theme

Hi all,

I am trying to tody up my shop and one thing I am having trouble with is repositioning things on the mobile theme, more specifically the search box. This shows up above the logo as shown below:

post-736573-0-84798100-1466405755_thumb.png

What I would like to know, is can this be moved to show below the logo and be full width like the cart block but only on the mobile theme?

I have been trying everywhere but found no solution.

Can this be done without changing the desktop layout?

Before I forget, I did reposition the main theme so the search box is on the left, the logo is in the centre and cart is on the right.

To make this do what I want on the mobile theme, would these need changing back?

post-736573-0-08314100-1466405757_thumb.png

Edited by bacowarrior (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

hi normally, on desktop it goes logo, search, cart block. so on mobile this translates one under the other logo on top of search, on top of category. so yes if you move search to the left of logo, it will show on top. i do not think you can have it both ways without a lot of coding which i cant help you with.

about the full width, i would think you can do that something like max width or full width or 100% width, again you would have to go into the code to change this. i think it would be seperate to the desktop site.