Major problem: Empty shopping carts after upgrade to 1.6.1.6

henkhenk

Three days ago my shop (1.6.1.5 at the time) was upgraded to 1.6.1.6. Ever since whenever you select an article, place it in the shopping cart it is there. BUT if you select 'go to checkout' the shopping cart is empty (with both guest and registered customer). 

Also: when selecting article A to buy, and next acticle B, only article B is in the shopping cart. Going to checkout also B is gone.

This is a major problem, rendering the shop useless!

Taken actions:

- disabled cache

- forcing compilation at all times, disabling cache at that point too. 

- emptied the cache from 'performance'

Effected version: 1.6.1.6

No problem with: 1.6.1.5

Any help is welcome. If not solved I will have to restore the last backup with 1.6.1.5 and block upgrades for this moment. 

with kind regards,

Henkhenk

'panthouse'

PS: please contact me for the live site if you want to test. 

To elaborate: switching the AJAX cart off (in Modules) means after selecting to buy an item the response is immediately 'the cart is empty'. Switching AJAX cart on means there is a picture with the item in the cart (one item), but the cart is empty once you click 'check out'. 

True, a valid scenario. The shop is not in production but soon we hope. I just got word the other person did not make any changes last few days, so reverting back to 1.6.1.5 sounds like the best plan. 

Thanks for the reaction and advice! with kind regards Henkhenk

• Like 1

Rolled back a backup, and now on 1.6.1.5 again. With this, the problem is gone (both the shopping cart problem and the other initiated bug report about country). 

So it is definitely something introduced with 1.6.1.6.

Rolled back a backup, and now on 1.6.1.5 again. With this, the problem is gone (both the shopping cart problem and the other initiated bug report about country). 

So it is definitely something introduced with 1.6.1.6.

I'ts not easy to be 'first' with upgrade.  Once you hit the sweet spot, i.e. normally functioning shop upgrade and if new release has 'must have' feature or fixes an important bug, else lock it down, keep daily back ups and get the most bang for your previous efforts as possible.  Every second spent on admin is less profit (your time is worth something).  PS is much more complex upgrade process than a blog cms and  should be done only on a copy of your shop....then there is no crisis, lost sleep at night..lol  Just make sure your front office rocks...:)

Happy day, ell