New module with several pages?

Hi all,

I'm new to all this stuff, I'm not a programmer, so sorry if I'm getting sth wrong, and thanks a lot for your help!

I am trying to write my first custom module for my shop. It is suposed to be a kind of tutorial or book.

Several pages with different information. It shouldn't be very complicated, but I found the CMS system included in Prestashop quite limiting (maybe i'm wrong, but I prefered to develop my own module just in order to learn about all this)

I followed some tutorial and got to work my first basic module with no problem. I have it listed in the left column. I can create as many .tpl files for the different pages, but I don't know how to use the linking system in order to link each page to one link listed in the left column.

If possible, I would also like to use the language translation system, but I don't know if that is too much by now.

As far as I can guess, I assume I have to edit my display.php file, initContent method, in order to set different templates for each of the pages?

"

class mymoduledisplayModuleFrontController extends ModuleFrontController
{
  public function initContent()
  {
    parent::initContent();
    $this->setTemplate('display.tpl');
    //$this->setTemplate('display2.tpl');
  }
}

"

Can sby give me some orientation?

Thanks again!

Edited by akuandi (see edit history)

I think it should be straight-forward enough.  In your module you hook in to the display left column to show your links, right?  Each of those links would then be generated by the getModuleLink:

$controller_url = $this->context->link->getModuleLink('mymodule', 'displayModule', array(), true);

Add on a parameter or two to indicate to the controller which page you want, and it will load the correct template.  Not sure you'd be able to detect which sub-page you had loaded in the left column hook, if you were trying to show which page they were on there, without storing something in a cookie, or using some javascript, or maybe working it out from the url.

Translation comes along for free, if you're using the templates.

Is that what you mean, or did I misunderstand something?

Hi Roja45,

Thank you very much!

That's exactly what I needed to know.

I assumed it should be easy, but didn't expect it to be solved so fast.

It's already running :-)

A small step for sw science, but a great jump in my mastering of Prestahop!!!

hahehihohu!!!

Edited by akuandi (see edit history)