file folder override

AdUP

In my case I had to go to /cache and delete the class_index.php

This file (if does not exist) is generated automatically and gets the new "setting" (overrides).

Give it a try!

but it did not solve the problem ...

Did you copy modules/editorial/editorial.tpl to themes/<your_theme>/modules/editorial/editorial.tpl? The override/modules directory is for overriding PHP files, not TPL files.

I really didn't know that the override folder is not for tpl files. I forgot to mention the /modules and /<your_theme>/modules functionality, though. Nice job, my friend!!

• Like 1

Did you copy modules/editorial/editorial.tpl to themes/<your_theme>/modules/editorial/editorial.tpl? The override/modules directory is for overriding PHP files, not TPL files.

thank you so much rocky, I did as you told me. But if I change the form, when there will be an update I lose my changes?

You will not lose any changes when you update the editorial module. If you update PrestaShop, it may be lost if you're using the default theme. You can copy the default theme and rename it to avoid that happening. If you switch to another theme, you'll need to copy the file to your new theme.

I really didn't know that the override folder is not for tpl files.

Depends on what you are going to override. In case of the modules Rocky already gave you the right answer. Like modules behavior overrides of mails or pdf (invoices etc.) have to be placed in the theme's directory, too. But if you want to override tpl-files of the back office, you have to do it in the overrides directory, though the path may be a bit different, when you override parts of the BO theme.