Issue with Loyalty points - found solution but need help doing it

vapersNI

Hi folks. Hope everyone is well :)

I have a problem with the loyalty points scheme at the moment. It's all set up and the amount of points show in the cart etc but on the actual product page it just says "No reward points for this product"

I tried one suggestion which was to go to localization, currencies, edit the currency, and change currency format to 0,000.00X - this worked beautifully until I seen how prices where displayed.

I've tried uninstalling the module, disable then re-enable, clear cache, editing the module etc all to no avail.

I've now found a suggestion that seems to have been success for quite a few people. Here it is:

The only solution that worked for me (and I still am unclear if I missed anything) was to delete the js folder in the 

themes/default-bootstrap/js/modules/loyalty/js/loyalty.js

(it has a zero length file named loyalty.js)

How do I open this folder?

Where do I locate the folder?

Any other help peeps can suggest would be greatly appreciated.

you have to use FTP connection or File Manager of your server control to access and manage the files.

but not sure what is the version of the module you are using, the following file you mentioned is not a empty file, it has contents.

YourStoreRoot/themes/default-bootstrap/js/modules/loyalty/js/loyalty.js

Instead of deleting this better, it is better to figure out why it does not work.  Maybe because you are using different theme (not default theme), so the javascript got some errors. You can try to use browser debugger tool to see if there is any javascript error occurs - press F12 on the page , a browser debugger will start in a new window, and then go to Console tab you will see javascript errors if there is any.

you have to use FTP connection or File Manager of your server control to access and manage the files.

but not sure what is the version of the module you are using, the following file you mentioned is not a empty file, it has contents.

Instead of deleting this better, it is better to figure out why it does not work.  Maybe because you are using different theme (not default theme), so the javascript got some errors. You can try to use browser debugger tool to see if there is any javascript error occurs - press F12 on the page , a browser debugger will start in a new window, and then go to Console tab you will see javascript errors if there is any.

Hi and thanks for your reply.

FTP Connection, would that be Secure FTP Account in my hosting control panel? If so it says I need an SFTP Programme...could you help me further with this if required?

The module is Customer Loyalty & Rewards v1.2.9, its all configured correctly but it just doesn't work normally. But if I change my currency display to 0,000.00X then it starts working. Downside is the pound £ symbol is displayed after the figures and it just looks stupid.

I also did as you asked with F12, console tab etc and nothing shows in that tab.

OK So I just installed FileZilla, inputted log in details as termed within my Secure FTP Account of my host and viola I was able to access files that I've never been able to do before. 

I located the loyalty.js file withoin the directory as above and hesitantly deleted it - if it goes wrong I can uninstall the module and reinstall.

The loyalty rewards is now showing on all product pages. Happy days! This has been doing my head in for days. 

Now, I'm wondering what downsides will be encountered because of deleting this file. Any suggestions on anything to watch for?

Now, I'm wondering what downsides will be encountered because of deleting this file. Any suggestions on anything to watch for?

That file should be only used by that module, as long as it is working fine, I think it should OK.

so the issue is resolved by deleting the file? that's a good news and thanks for update.

Apologies for the delayed response.

I can confirm all is well after deleting that file. However a customer did get in contact with me stating their points were no longer showing in their account. Now I can't be certain that by deleting that file I deleted the points that had already been given because I had tried other methods prior to this like disabling and enabling the loyalty module, clearing cache, resetting the loyalty module and finally uninstalling it completely before reinstalling it. I suppose any one of those things could attribute to the points vanishing.

Thankfully in my case my site is less than a week old so not many customers have bought via it yet. I was simply able to view my customers purchases and work out what points they'd been awarded for those purchases and activate a voucher for each of them along with a little extra as a way of apologising for the glitch encountered. They seem happy enough with that :)

I think because you uninstalled the module that's why customer lost points.

I checked the module, when you uninstall it, it will drop all related tables - it mean lost all data.

So you must be careful when you try to uninstall a module.

By the way, we also provide modules. we do not drop tables, so we never delete business data even you uninstall the module - all data is there when you install it back.

I think this is the best to keep customer data. :)

• 2 years later...

FIX FOR Customer loyalty and rewards v1.2.9 - by PrestaShop

CHANGE

updateLoyaltyView(parseInt($('#our_price_display').text()));

TO

updateLoyaltyView(Number($('#our_price_display').text().replace(/[^0-9\.-]+/g,"")));

AND WILL SHOW POINTS CORRECTLY AGAIN

02 Nov. 30 12.50.jpg