[Solved] Attach an extra PDF to order confirmation e-mail

Hi

I'm currently trying to add an extra PDF-file to the order confirmation mail. At the moment it already contains the invoice (by default), but I need to add a static PDF-file (according to danish law), so the order confirmation contains both PDF-files.

I tried to look around for previous answers, but it seems like the code has changed a bit through times, so at the moment, I'm not sure if I should change anything in /classes/mail.php, /pdf/ or anywhere else.

If somebody knows, could you kindly share the information?

(ressources I've already read about adding an extra file to e-mail templates:

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/456725-attachment-pdf-on-email-is-empty/

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/309979-solvedadd-a-fix-pdf-to-outgoing-e-mail/)

Edited by MartinPersson (see edit history)

Oh my god - Thank you so much!

I've been looking at classes/PaymentModule.php for so long and trying a lot of different changes (all kinds of combination of things found in this forum) - all resulting in server error 500 (either when loading website or when completing payment).

Your code just solved it right away - THANK YOU!!  :)

• 1 year later...

Does this solution works the same way in Prestashop 1.7?

I did exa

On 31-5-2016 at 10:28 PM, mdekker said:

It is possible to change the attachment in the file /classes/PaymentModule.php. This is an array with the current invoice (can be accessed with $params['order_invoice_list']). You should turn this into a 2D array and add another array with the data.

That would be probably look like this:

// Join PDF invoice
if ((int)Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE') && $order_status->invoice && $order->invoice_number) {
    $order_invoice_list = $order->getInvoicesCollection();
    Hook::exec('actionPDFInvoiceRender', array('order_invoice_list' => $order_invoice_list));
    $pdf = new PDF($order_invoice_list, PDF::TEMPLATE_INVOICE, $this->context->smarty);
    $file_attachement['content'] = $pdf->render(false);
    $file_attachement['name'] = Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE_PREFIX', (int)$order->id_lang, null, $order->id_shop).sprintf('%06d', $order->invoice_number).'.pdf';
    $file_attachement['mime'] = 'application/pdf';
} else {
    $file_attachement = null;
}

To

// Join PDF invoice
if ((int)Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE') && $order_status->invoice && $order->invoice_number) {
    $order_invoice_list = $order->getInvoicesCollection();
    Hook::exec('actionPDFInvoiceRender', array('order_invoice_list' => $order_invoice_list));
    $pdf = new PDF($order_invoice_list, PDF::TEMPLATE_INVOICE, $this->context->smarty);
    $attachment = array();
    $attachment['content'] = $pdf->render(false);
    $attachment['name'] = Configuration::get('PS_INVOICE_PREFIX', (int)$order->id_lang, null, $order->id_shop).sprintf('%06d', $order->invoice_number).'.pdf';
    $attachment['mime'] = 'application/pdf';

$extra_pdf = array();
    $extra_pdf['content'] = Tools::file_get_contents(_PS_ROOT_DIR_.'extradocs/extrainfo.pdf');
    $extra_pdf['name'] = 'some_annoying_information_from_the_Danish_government__please_ignore_it.pdf';
    $extra_pdf['mime'] = 'application/pdf';

$file_attachement = array($attachment, $extra_pdf);
} else {
    $file_attachement = null;
}

Does this solutions works the same way in Prestashop 1.7?

I did exactly what you explained, and I'm getting a file in my mail, but it seems the file can't be found, see screenshot. 
It stays at "downloading", can't open it. 

Schermafbeelding 2018-02-21 om 16.48.19.png

17 hours ago, samverdyck said:

Does this solution works the same way in Prestashop 1.7?

I did exa

Does this solutions works the same way in Prestashop 1.7?

I did exactly what you explained, and I'm getting a file in my mail, but it seems the file can't be found, see screenshot. 
It stays at "downloading", can't open it. 

Schermafbeelding 2018-02-21 om 16.48.19.png

Make sure that the path is correct to the file, if your root category doesn't have an ending slash, it probably won't find the file. So try adding a / before extradocs.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 5/31/2016 at 9:06 PM, mdekker said:

Interesting. Let me see if I can sort that out for you.

The procedure has indeed changed a lot.

It is now:

Customer pays => payment module redirects to payment page => customer returns to validation page => validation page (usually generated by the payment module) calls Order::validateOrder() to verify whether everything is correct => Mail should be sent => Customer sees confirmation page

So, I think that Order::validateOrder is the best place to attach a PDF.

I am using Prestashop 1.7.3.0

The solution doesn't seem to be working for me. 

It seems that Order::validateOrder is called from somewhere else than /classes/PaymentModule.php: as a test, I have commented out the whole section dedicated to attachments, so normally I should not get any file attached to the order confirmation email. 

However, I still receive the normal bill attached to the email.

For testing purpose, I'm using the wire transfer module and then change the status of the order in the back-office in order to simulate a real payment. 

Does anybody have an idea?