Recommendations based on your recently viewed items!

so everyone knows how targeting the right interest of the customer is important.

im looking for a module that will log the visitor's activity and will save he's/her's most viewed categories as an interest.

if you will look on what big shops like aliexpress and ebay are doing they all try to push the only the products that you find interesting.

on every email i get from aliexpress i see products that are similar to products i viewed:

91bd82fdf5.jpg

logging your customers activity is key in my opinion, and can be used with many different marketing techniques.

check this article:

https://www.getvero.com/resources/convert-with-behavioral-email/

i didn't find anything on behavioral targeting in the form of a module for prestashop.

maybe someone here can suggest something.

thank you!

well if a customer viewed those items, showing them again is not very effective.

you want to show him similar item.

and use them in emails and checkout page.

and you want to use linked social profile to target him on he's social page with product of he's interest.

im talking about something a little more sophisticated then a recently viewed items block.

it's behavioral tracking!

the only thing i could find that comes close is: Smart suggest products / Related, Cross-sell, Recommend Module

but it still not enough.

i think someone need to pick up the glove and do this. definitely an opportunity here.

i just want to check that nothing like this exists already before i pay a lot of money to a freelancer.

PrestaShop front office development is missing many 'overstock dot com like'  mainstream 'features'.  This is not totally PS fault, modules are eurocentric, sort of like the 80's but with faster internet.  What you ask for is simple everyday feature...I hear your pain, as dev I could tell you about my pain...lol

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)