en Jump to content
vekia

[Free module] Vertical dropdown categories menu - PrestaShop 1.7 / 1.6

Thanks Vekia!

nice job :)

(Just sggest an arrow or something for a subcategories would be nice in the future releases)

arrows? what you mean? where you want to display arrows?

Thanks Vekia!

nice job :)

(Just sggest an arrow or something for a subcategories would be nice in the future releases)

hello, can i ask for detailed explanation? you can see my question in my previous post

thank you!

Hi Vekia,

Good Day. :)

Nice module here, will try this as well. Sorry to bump in i need help putting the quick search module inside the top horizontal menu. Please. :)

Here is the topic by the way. :)

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/465112-create-new-hook-in-prestashop-free-module/?do=findComment&comment=2345432

Thanks

Regards

charlesthenewb

Edited by charlesthenewb

hello, can i ask for detailed explanation? you can see my question in my previous post

thank you!

Hi Vekia,

First of all, thank you for this awesome module!! I think what the other member meant was, that in the vertical menu to show an arrow or something to indicate that category has sub categories(Sub-menus).

I have another question lol, ha ha ha, we always ask you, you are the man ha ha ha, How can I change the colour of the vertical menu? I tried editing "blockcategories.css" but did not have any luck.

Thank you in advance!

Kindest Regards

Kevin

Hi Vekia,

Thank you very much for this awesome module. I have encountered one problem, when you quickview a product the menubar covers half of the quickview. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

You can view it here - http://www.jozibugs.co.za - and select quickview of any product.

Thank you in advance

Kev

so you want to show it behind the overlay with "add to cart" confirmation, right?

it can be used as the dropdown menu on Amazon homepage?

A simple rectangular block that once clicked or hovered it display the category list?

so you want to show it behind the overlay with "add to cart" confirmation, right?

First of all thanks for the module Vekia. I think that's what supplementwarehouse meant, since it also doesn't hide under the overlay from the top horizontal menu after just installing it.

What worked for me was changing the z-index from 99999 to 1 in blockcategories.css (home/modules/verticalblockcategories):

/*VERTICAL MENU*/
#categories_block_left .vertical{
  position:relative;
  width:100%;
  z-index:1;
}

Another note to supplementwarehouse: the background color can be changed under '#categories_block_left .vertical a' in the same file.
Edited by Euphorica Fedorica

Hi friend,

Thanks a lot for this menu module. I have installed this module on my website www.yechahiye.com however the existing mega menu style is still there. How do I get rid of this existing mega menu?

thanks

Praveen K

First of all thanks for the module Vekia. I think that's what supplementwarehouse meant, since it also doesn't hide under the overlay from the top horizontal menu after just installing it.

What worked for me was changing the z-index from 99999 to 1 in blockcategories.css (home/modules/verticalblockcategories):

/*VERTICAL MENU*/
}

Another note to supplementwarehouse: the background color can be changed under '#categories_block_left .vertical a' in the same file.

Hi guys, and Thanks Vekia for your super work as ALWAYS.

Euphorica, thanks for your fix. Oddly, it didn't work the first half hour and then next refresh (when I was writing this reply to tell you it doesn't work - boom - it worked :D)

Thanks everyone involved!

bgfashionmuses.com

Hello,

is it possible to attach this menu to "DisplayNav" hook? I can't see this hook in hook attaching menu :-/

Thank you for help.

hello, unfortunately module is for columns only

your request requires customization of the code and design changes to make it work properly in displayNav section (its not a hortizontal menu plugin, just a vertical one)

hello, unfortunately module is for columns only

your request requires customization of the code and design changes to make it work properly in displayNav section (its not a hortizontal menu plugin, just a vertical one)

Vekia, I am very happy with this module.

I need your help regarding editing the contents.

This menu will read/display whatever categories there are.

I have a category named SALES. However, as you would correctly guess I have to manually enter products in that category, as opposed to the PRICE DROP / SPECIALS which is built in PS.

Can I somehow include the PRICE DROPS or SPECIALS in the Vertical menu?

Really big thanks in advance for your reply.

BR

Victor

bgfashionmuses.com

Vekia, I am very happy with this module.

I need your help regarding editing the contents.

This menu will read/display whatever categories there are.

I have a category named SALES. However, as you would correctly guess I have to manually enter products in that category, as opposed to the PRICE DROP / SPECIALS which is built in PS.

Can I somehow include the PRICE DROPS or SPECIALS in the Vertical menu?

Really big thanks in advance for your reply.

BR

Victor

bgfashionmuses.com

Vekia?

Anyone ?

Would really appreciate your reply :)

Does it work in 1.7 !?

Not possible to use in 1.7.x ?

Hello

Work in 1.7.02?

I can´t install.

Thank´s

Paula

no

currently module is not for prestashop 1.7

version for prestashop 1.7 will be released tommorow.

/*VERTICAL MENU*/
}

Thank you so much!! This also solved the issue i was having with the module bleeding over the "quick view" module.

Also, Thank you so much vekia for all that you do for the presta community! Truly an amazing coder. 

/*VERTICAL MENU*/
}

Hi Everyone, yes that was it! Perfect it is working 100% with the above fix. Thank you all very very very Much!!!!!!!

Hi guys, and Thanks Vekia for your super work as ALWAYS.

Euphorica, thanks for your fix. Oddly, it didn't work the first half hour and then next refresh (when I was writing this reply to tell you it doesn't work - boom - it worked :D)

Thanks everyone involved!

bgfashionmuses.com

Thank you so much!! This also solved the issue i was having with the module bleeding over the "quick view" module.

Also, Thank you so much vekia for all that you do for the presta community! Truly an amazing coder. 

Hi Everyone, yes that was it! Perfect it is working 100% with the above fix. Thank you all very very very Much!!!!!!!

Glad to hear I could help some people out!

future relases of module will be mobile friendly, no worries autoprestige ;)

Hello Vekia,

May I know if it is already mobile friendly?

I have added this module and found the subcategories will be out of the screen on mobile phone.

Thanks!

Hello, I downloaded this module, uploaded it to the module pane, and I do not appear to install the module, although it says the module was downloaded successfully. Can you help me? I use Prestashop 1.6.1 Thank you.

Hello, I downloaded this module, uploaded it to the module pane, and I do not appear to install the module, although it says the module was downloaded successfully. Can you help me? I use Prestashop 1.6.1 Thank you.