version 1.6.1.5 spinning save button

Hi I'm running version 1.6.1.5

The forums suggest it was fixed in 1.6.1.3 but there's no recent solutions

The save button often spins while creating new products, it didn't always do it but then started about 5 days ago and got more frequent.

Now my client can't add any products at all but I can add a couple before it starts. sometimes clearing the cache works sometimes not.

There seems to be no pattern at all.

I get the usual 500 error

unable to load tabs

Any help wold be great before my laptop goes out of the window.

Thanks Jimi

After some hair pulling I noticed a pattern.

The categories I created worked,

The Categories my customer created caused the spinning save and error.

I created mine from the catalogue/categories menu, he created his from within the product.

I've deleted and recreated the categories and all seems well, fingers crossed

Hope this helps someone.

I know it will definatly confuse most.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello PS's people! Try this

search the folder.. admin>themes>default>template>controllers>products..   all .tpl files and do this: 

erase: disabled="disabled"

replace: process-icon-loading por -> process-icon-save

all the .tpl file of this folder 

best regards

mine is 1.6.1.6 fresh install on localhost IIS 10

got the following repeated errors:

Smarty: unable to write file

smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 74

and

Invalid compiled template

smarty_internal_templatebase.php on line 182

change from

Force compilation -> Recompile templates if the files have been updated

in

Advanced Parameters / Performance

work for me

hope they'll fix this bug.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i have been struggling with this problem for days. i duplicated a site: www.dealstoday.co.za from another site: www.procape.co.za. The Procape site (original site) works perfect, but i have problems with the new site: Deals Today. i have tried all the solutions that is available, i have had the site crash, have re installed it, upgraded the new site to Version 1.6.1.7, but i am still not able to get rid of this Save Spinning Problem.
Is anybody able to assist with this problem. Thank you in advance

i have been struggling with this problem for days. i duplicated a site: www.dealstoday.co.za from another site: www.procape.co.za. The Procape site (original site) works perfect, but i have problems with the new site: Deals Today. i have tried all the solutions that is available, i have had the site crash, have re installed it, upgraded the new site to Version 1.6.1.7, but i am still not able to get rid of this Save Spinning Problem.

Is anybody able to assist with this problem. Thank you in advance

Try this

search the folder.. admin>themes>default>template>controllers>products..   all .tpl files and do this: 

best regards

• Like 1

Try this

best regards

Hi Apcreaciones84

Since the other site - www.procape.co.za runs perfect without the modifications you mention, i would like to keep the new site www.dealstoday.co.za standard, without modifying the files. Thank you for your input and quick response, it is much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue with the forever spinning save button. I am under Prestashop 1.6.1.2.

I paid the Prestashop support package and had them trying to find a solution for two months but nothing worked.

A friend of mine finally recommended this compagny : http://www.prestatoolbox.fr/

They were absolutely fantastic! they fixed my issue in a few hours.

Basically they checked everything on my website and took off from my FTP repertory the files -admin, -class, and -js and replaced them by the original files from Prestashop 1.6.1.2.

And it worked!!!

They also found a few more issues I had on my website and fixed them as well...

Very effective, very nice, I cannot recommend them enough. I have decided that if I have any problem in the future with Prestashop I will only work with them.

I had the same issue with the forever spinning save button. I am under Prestashop 1.6.1.2.

I paid the Prestashop support package and had them trying to find a solution for two months but nothing worked.

A friend of mine finally recommended this compagny : http://www.prestatoolbox.fr/

They were absolutely fantastic! they fixed my issue in a few hours.

Basically they checked everything on my website and took off from my FTP repertory the files -admin, -class, and -js and replaced them by the original files from Prestashop 1.6.1.2.

And it worked!!!

They also found a few more issues I had on my website and fixed them as well...

Very effective, very nice, I cannot recommend them enough. I have decided that if I have any problem in the future with Prestashop I will only work with them.

Have you tried the solution I said earlier above?

Hi everyone

i just wanted to let you know i have been able to solve my problem.

This is how:

i have 3 websites, two of which i have had for a few years, i had no Save Spinning problems on them at any point.

The one i have been struggling with is a site i have aquired a few months ago.

i then compared the CPanel details and the older sites was on  one server, but the new one was on a different server.

i compared the differences and asked my hosting company to migrate the new site to the server where my other two sites was on.

They did so, i then downgraded the site and upgraded it again to 1.6.1.9 and the problem was solved.

The first image was the bad configuration:

Deals-Today.png

The second image was the right confguration:

Procape.png

i hope this helps someone, since i have struggled with this problem for long

Hi there

i have tried the following Presta Installation with no joy

None of these, including One Click Upgrade, solved the problem.

i found out later that the server configuration was in fact, my problem.

i have had my hosting company migrate the problem site to the same server as my older sites are on and that solved it.

The site is even faster too now.

i have shared the server configuration differences in the above post.

Just to mention, i can set the Performance to whatever i want now and it still works perfect

Hello PS's people! Try this

best regards

Hello, I have this problem with the spinning save button a few weeks now...

I tried the above method and all SAVE buttons are fixed and stable except two of them at price section (see the photo I am attaching).

Problem is at price section when I modify or add product (all other are OK). Item price button is OK but special prices and the last one are not working.

Is there any way to fix them too? I have modify all .tpl files I found in the specific folder and I do not know what else I have to do for them.

presta.jpg

Edited by e8nikaras (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I want to add my experience to this problem: i'm running PS ver. 1.6.1.9 and yesterday i started to experience this ever-loading button situation.  I recently installed a new module, so i deactivated to see if that would resolve the situation.  Nothing.

I did a couple more hours of search but still nothing so i went and delete the module completely.  Then things went back to normal and now i have my buttons loading as usual.

In my case the module made changes -i ignore which ones- that prevented those buttons from loading.  I already mailed the developer hoping he'd help figure out what is happening; if i a solution comes up i'll be sharing it here.

• 11 months later...

Hi,

This may help someone else, I'm on PS 1.1.16,   After a week or so of frustrations (trying many of the suggested fixes, which I would not advise doing ) even upgrading to and using the host's tech. staff, I finally changed the memory_limit = -1, this means no max. but it made everything work.   (This would be my first attempt and then refine the memory_limit to a more realistic limit)

In my case, I have a large number of images, attributes, and uploaded tech files.  Must have reached a threshold, where prestashop's product admin was incapable of accessing these folders.

My suggestion is that instead of leaving us hanging, a message from the product script should send a message...

Hope this helps someone else with the "spinning buttons" issue on the product admin.

• 3 months later...

Hi there, 

I don't know if you still are here on prestashop forum but have informations how to fix this annoying prestashop bug.

Just go there -> YOUR-WEBSITE/adminfolder/themes/default/template/controllers/products/ 
There you will find .tpl files for each tab from product page (Informations, Price, Shipping, Feature, Images etc)
Open first informations.tpl file , search and delete this: disabled="disabled" and then next of that find <i class="process-icon-loading"> and change "loading" to "save". That code need to looks like  <i class="process-icon-save">

You have to do that twice at each file you edit. 1. for Save and stay button and 2. for Save button.

Repeat that in each file for each tab.

You can thanks me later :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2016 at 3:05 PM, moinhanif said:

this does not work

i deleted all categories and started adding new categories but save button problem is unresolved.

mine did same thing worked for a while ... save button may have taken a few seconds but would load eventually

now i've tried from 3 computers and 1 cellpone.... it doesn't work at all... it just has the spinning thing so i can not save new products

something that works 9/10 is open the add new product in a new window... don't go to it just scroll around on your current page till it's fully loaded... then click on it and the save button shouldn't be spinning....

real pain in the ass but i don't know what else to do.

On 5/25/2016 at 3:05 PM, moinhanif said:

• 1 month later...

If it can help anyone I had the same issue when upgrade PS from 1.16.0.9 to 1.16.1.18

I solved it by comparing an override file: 

- /adminXXXXXX/themes/default/template/controllers/products/helpers/form/form.tpl

with

- override/controllers/admin/templates/products/helpers/form/form.tpl

Here is what I have to change in my override file:

- Add missing line 228 => 

tabs_manager.tabs_to_preload = tabs_to_preload.slice(0);

- Add missing bloc at line 294 => 

{if isset($smarty.request.page) && $smarty.request.page > 1}
   <input type="hidden" id="page" name="page" value="{$smarty.request.page|intval}" />
{/if}

Of course every customized PS should have differents issues. My issue should not be your. So what I recommand is to see overrided tpl with original to check if the PS upgrade add some features that need to be injected in your override.