Tracking Number and Tracking URL

Hi all,

I would like:

1. The Tracking URL/s to show on Order Page (for me to quickly track an order). There might be more than one Tracking Number/Tracking URL.

2. Tracking Number/Tracking URL/s to show in Customer's Account (for customer to track when logged in). There might be more than one Tracking Number/Tracking URL.

How DO I actually enter more than one tracking number so that the above can work along with the email templates?

ETA: I have tested the email template and the {followup} function isn't working. I am getting this sent in the email instead:  []

The code I have in in_transit.html is: {followup} [{followup}] 

Thanks!

Edited by kinderyum (see edit history)

1. The Tracking URL/s to show on Order Page (for me to quickly track an order). There might be more than one Tracking Number/Tracking URL.

Are we talking about the back office order details or order listing page?  It might be better if you provide a screen shot showing where you would like it to appear

2. Tracking Number/Tracking URL/s to show in Customer's Account (for customer to track when logged in). There might be more than one Tracking Number/Tracking URL.

Doesn't prestashop already do this when you enter a tracking number?

How DO I actually enter more than one tracking number so that the above can work along with the email templates?

You don't, Prestashop only supports a single tracking number per carrier

ETA: I have tested the email template and the {followup} function isn't working. I am getting this sent in the email instead:  []

Did you update the carrier to include a tracking URL?

Did you enter a tracking number before changing the status to shipped?

What version of Prestashop are we discussing?

Hi bellini, thank you for reaching out to help me :)

To answer your Qs:

Are we talking about the back office order details or order listing page?  It might be better if you provide a screen shot showing where you would like it to appear

This page (attached)

post-1216186-0-72417500-1463535394_thumb.jpg

Doesn't prestashop already do this when you enter a tracking number?

It shows the Carrier Name and the Tracking Number, but not a Tracking URL

You don't, Prestashop only supports a single tracking number per carrier

Oh no, this might be a problem :unsure:

Did you update the carrier to include a tracking URL?

Yes, I updated the Carrier Module with the Tracking URL, for example for UPS: https://wwwapps.ups.com/tracking/tracking.cgi?tracknum=@

Did you enter a tracking number before changing the status to shipped?

Yes, but it wasn't a valid one. I just made one up but at least expected to be taken to the UPS tracking page, where it would tell me something like 'this tracking number does not exist'

What version of Prestashop are we discussing?

v1.6.1.4

In the screen shot you provided, there is no tracking number. 

Yes, I updated the Carrier Module with the Tracking URL, for example for UPS: https://wwwapps.ups.....cgi?tracknum=@

What is a Carrier Module?

If the tracking number is not entered, then the followup variable will not be set properly. 

If you entered a tracking number, but you did not enter a tracking URL in the Carrier that was used for this order, then the followup variable will not be set properly.

• 2 weeks later...

In the screen shot you provided, there is no tracking number. 

What is a Carrier Module?

If the tracking number is not entered, then the followup variable will not be set properly. 

If you entered a tracking number, but you did not enter a tracking URL in the Carrier that was used for this order, then the followup variable will not be set properly.

Hi bellni, I mean thee default Carrier Module in Prestashop Back Office. See attached screen capture. 

post-1216186-0-67483000-1464659086_thumb.jpg

Ok, not a module.  Just the Carrier Settings.

The tracking number in that Carrier looks fine, however in your previous screen shot the Carrier name was "RM International" not "UPS". 

Also, as I stated previously, you did not enter a tracking number.

So again, given that the Carrier used for the order has a tracking URL defined, and that you have entered a tracking number in the order detail page, then the Tracking URL will be provided in the email and order detail page the customer sees.