Mods: Please move this post if i have it in the wrong place. Thanks.

I have searched for help on this, but no joy.

I developed a shop on a cpanel account using Domain #1 with Prestashop version 1.6x.

I want to migrate it to a new cpanel account with a new domain name, but on the same server 

I have followed the instructions at several websites, including the prestashop KB

This is what I have tried:

Method #1

1. Shop in maintenance mode

2. Change URLs to new domain name and base directory to / and save

3. zip all files, copy the zip to the new cpanel account using SSH, then extract the zip in new cpanel account

4. dump data base of old shop

5. import database to new shop database

6. clear smarty caches

7. change domain name in htaccess

8. Changed DB name and pass in settings.php

Method #2

I also tried installing a new shop. However, as soon as I import the database I get a 500 error on the front page and I can't log in to the admin CP using method one and method two.

The New Domain Name on the new cpanel account resolves and it connects to a plain index.html file, but once the shop is migrated i get a 500 error.

The admin login screen works, but I can't log in to the backend to manage shop. I tried changing the password using phpMyAdmin by replacing the MD5 cookie+newpass. I still can't log in.

Why can't I at least log in to the admin CP to turn logging on to look for errors? How can simply moving the database break the password or login in process?

I could really use some help resolving this. 

Thanks.

Edited by ssvapes (see edit history)

forget method 2, you can't import a database into a fresh install and expect it to work

method 1 is the right option, assuming you followed the steps properly.  if you are getting an error 500, try the following

1) ensure the correct database information for your new database is entered properly in settings.inc.php

2) go to the root folder where prestashop is installed (on new server), and locate the .htaccess file and delete it.  then try to log into your back office again

3) if you still receive error 500, then locate your servers php error log and look for errors