Android Mobile systems don't work with checkout dropdown menus

BimmerExchange

Found this issue originally on my site, I then replicated the problem through Prestashop front-end demo. So here's the issue:
This can only occur if using an Android mobile device (I tested on my Samsung GS6 android version 6.0.1). Select an item, go to the checkout page, and now start using drop downs (DOB, state, etc etc.). Anything with a dropdown menu does not record the value and keeps it blank.

I reported this bug on their official "issues" section, but doubt I'll ever get a reply anytime soon. http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-8019

Any solution?

Thanks

• Like 1

I have this problem also, not on demo. Occurs on andoid default browser, not Chrome, and on some iPhones also.

What version are you on? on 6.0.1 using chrome I can't select any of the dropdown menus, both my site and the demo. I just realized, it works after the SECOND time you select the same field in the demo, but it doesn't work at all on my site... this is getting weirder and weirder

Oh. I found a phone to test that has Android 4.1.2  and discovered the error.

Mine has 4.4.2 but opens with crome in google app by default, couldn't replicate.
-edit- Found the default browser and it works on this version.

My customers I don't know... I was called two times and carts abandoned because they couldnt get past that.

Edited by kokosmin (see edit history)

very weird bug on jquery uniform

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/26780781/atrributes-selection-not-working-on-android-browsers

You can bypass this editing the file on

your_theme\js\autoload\15-jquery.uniform-modified.js

on line 971 aprox you find

$.fn.uniform = function (options) {
        var el = this;
        options = $.extend({}, $.uniform.defaults, options);

...............etc

so you can check if we are in mobile like this:

$.fn.uniform = function (options) {
        var isMobile = false; //initiate as false
        // device detection
        if(/(android|bb\d+|meego).+mobile|avantgo|bada\/|blackberry|blazer|compal|elaine|fennec|hiptop|iemobile|ip(hone|od)|ipad|iris|kindle|Android|Silk|lge |maemo|midp|mmp|netfront|opera m(ob|in)i|palm( os)?|phone|p(ixi|re)\/|plucker|pocket|psp|series(4|6)0|symbian|treo|up\.(browser|link)|vodafone|wap|windows (ce|phone)|xda|xiino/i.test(navigator.userAgent) || /1207|6310|6590|3gso|4thp|50[1-6]i|770s|802s|a wa|abac|ac(er|oo|s\-)|ai(ko|rn)|al(av|ca|co)|amoi|an(ex|ny|yw)|aptu|ar(ch|go)|as(te|us)|attw|au(di|\-m|r |s )|avan|be(ck|ll|nq)|bi(lb|rd)|bl(ac|az)|br(e|v)w|bumb|bw\-(n|u)|c55\/|capi|ccwa|cdm\-|cell|chtm|cldc|cmd\-|co(mp|nd)|craw|da(it|ll|ng)|dbte|dc\-s|devi|dica|dmob|do(c|p)o|ds(12|\-d)|el(49|ai)|em(l2|ul)|er(ic|k0)|esl8|ez([4-7]0|os|wa|ze)|fetc|fly(\-|_)|g1 u|g560|gene|gf\-5|g\-mo|go(\.w|od)|gr(ad|un)|haie|hcit|hd\-(m|p|t)|hei\-|hi(pt|ta)|hp( i|ip)|hs\-c|ht(c(\-| |_|a|g|p|s|t)|tp)|hu(aw|tc)|i\-(20|go|ma)|i230|iac( |\-|\/)|ibro|idea|ig01|ikom|im1k|inno|ipaq|iris|ja(t|v)a|jbro|jemu|jigs|kddi|keji|kgt( |\/)|klon|kpt |kwc\-|kyo(c|k)|le(no|xi)|lg( g|\/(k|l|u)|50|54|\-[a-w])|libw|lynx|m1\-w|m3ga|m50\/|ma(te|ui|xo)|mc(01|21|ca)|m\-cr|me(rc|ri)|mi(o8|oa|ts)|mmef|mo(01|02|bi|de|do|t(\-| |o|v)|zz)|mt(50|p1|v )|mwbp|mywa|n10[0-2]|n20[2-3]|n30(0|2)|n50(0|2|5)|n7(0(0|1)|10)|ne((c|m)\-|on|tf|wf|wg|wt)|nok(6|i)|nzph|o2im|op(ti|wv)|oran|owg1|p800|pan(a|d|t)|pdxg|pg(13|\-([1-8]|c))|phil|pire|pl(ay|uc)|pn\-2|po(ck|rt|se)|prox|psio|pt\-g|qa\-a|qc(07|12|21|32|60|\-[2-7]|i\-)|qtek|r380|r600|raks|rim9|ro(ve|zo)|s55\/|sa(ge|ma|mm|ms|ny|va)|sc(01|h\-|oo|p\-)|sdk\/|se(c(\-|0|1)|47|mc|nd|ri)|sgh\-|shar|sie(\-|m)|sk\-0|sl(45|id)|sm(al|ar|b3|it|t5)|so(ft|ny)|sp(01|h\-|v\-|v )|sy(01|mb)|t2(18|50)|t6(00|10|18)|ta(gt|lk)|tcl\-|tdg\-|tel(i|m)|tim\-|t\-mo|to(pl|sh)|ts(70|m\-|m3|m5)|tx\-9|up(\.b|g1|si)|utst|v400|v750|veri|vi(rg|te)|vk(40|5[0-3]|\-v)|vm40|voda|vulc|vx(52|53|60|61|70|80|81|83|85|98)|w3c(\-| )|webc|whit|wi(g |nc|nw)|wmlb|wonu|x700|yas\-|your|zeto|zte\-/i.test(navigator.userAgent.substr(0,4))) isMobile = true;

if (isMobile) return this; //skip on mobile

var el = this;
        options = $.extend({}, $.uniform.defaults, options);

...............etc