How to have the banner block module show only on the home page?

Hello, I would like to have the banner block module only on the home page. I tried to edit the header hook and it doesn´t work and in fact I tried to unhook it from the displayheader hook, but it keeps showing in all pages of my shop. After this there are not more hooks to edit.

How can I have the banner block module show only on the home page?

Thank you.

All you neeed to do is go to modules, positions find the banner block in displayHeader then on the right click edit.

You will now see a list of exceptions add all except Index and save the banner should now only show on the home page.

Before loading the page turn cache off and clear, turn force compile on, once the page loads as expected you can turn cache back on and force compile on.

If you unhooked from header you will need to reset the module.

I did, but it still shows in all pages... As I explained, when I unhook it from the displayheader hook (and it is the only hook where the banner block shows) it keeps showing in all pages, so it may mean that editing the display header does not work, because something else over rides it...

Any other thoughts on how to proceed?

Thanks

what do you mean?

i mean that you said that you unhooked this module from "displayHeader" hook. in fact, this module uses displayBanner hook not displayHeader.

so if we dont want it on homepage, we have to edit module placement settings on list of modules called "displayBanner" :)

Out of the box I can only see in the back office  this module hooked in displayheader hook. Only here and weather I unhook it or nor makes no difference in where it appears (it makes a difference weather it keep its original size or not). On the other hand the hook displaybanner that you mention does not appear in the back office, so this module only shows that it is hooked in displayheader. Where can I see this mysterious hook  that you are talking about (displaybanner)?

• 4 years later...