PayPal redirect URL back to order confirmation?

DexSnake

After the payment is confirmed on PayPal, I want to redirect back to the order confirmation page. As of now, it is redirecting to the order summary page where the order does not show up util after I refresh the page. 

I'm not sure what URL to put in the Return URL section in paypal.

I'm not sure what URL to put in the Return URL section in paypal.

You don't.  The module tells Paypal where to send the customer after they are returned to your store.  Setting an IPN URL in your browser will not have any affect.

The problem you are having, is that Paypal is trying to redirect the customer to your order confirmation page, but that happens before the IPN is received by the module.  This means the module has failed to create an order (because it does not know payment was complete).  So Prestashop cannot show an order confirmation, and instead shows you the order summary page. 

Refreshing the page works, because the IPN has finally arrived and the order was created.  When you refresh the page, you then see the order, but that is coincidence. 

Unfortunately it is a bad design, and you would have to refactor how the module works with Paypal to fix this issue

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

it's almost the same for me.

Using a standard webbrowser (no mobile view) the payment sequence is executed perfectly:

• click PayPal checkout button
  • overlayed redirection to PayPal
  • confirmation of payment
  • PayPal approval
  • redirection to <domain>/prestashop/de/module/paypal/submit?key=<key>&id_module=76&id_cart=<cart_id>&id_order=<order_id>
  • an order confirmation is being shown

However, this is not working for mobile views. Here the sequence sems to be wrong:

• click PayPal checkout button
  • overlayed redirection to PayPal
  • confirmation of payment
  • in the background redirection to <domain>/prestashop/de/module/paypal/submit?key=<key>&id_module=76&id_cart=<cart_id>&id_order=<order_id>
  • PayPal approval still visible -> when closing the prestashop-page does not show any content
  • a reload of the page does not lead to any content

How can the sequence fo rmobile views be corrected?

The problem is that customrs tend to checkout twice (or even more) as they do not get any confirmation (except of a delayed e-mail)

• Like 1