Display manufactures data on category

Hello, 

Is there anyway to display manufacturesrs description, short description and stuff on category page ?

I mean I use a blocklayered module, to filter products by manufacturers.

And I'd like to display the data of this manufacturer.  

I managaed too display manufacturer logo and name, but only inside product-list loop. No luck with getting short desc and desc within it.

and totaly no luck in getting any of the data on category.tpl  

Is there anyway to display manufacturesrs description, short description and stuff on category page ?

all manufacturers on category page?

perhaps you want to display product manfuacturer near the product inside the list of products?

No,

maybe I was not specific enough, sorry for english ;)

The main question is about this :

For example, I have a manufacturer called Adidas, got logo, description and short description.

I go on category page, and I got category Image above the products, so I would like to have the manufacturer (addias) logo, and descriptions instead of that.

Is that more clear now ;) ?

EDIT: Ambassadors

I can do this what i believe you are talking about above. i can display logo and name of manufacturer inside product loop.
The secodn question execpt what I wrote above is can I display descrtiption and short description in product loop as well ? ?

The attachmenet show what I can do so far. but now I would like to display description adn short description as well.

and the main goal is, to display It in a category image place instead of product grid.

post-1250323-0-84919600-1462895813_thumb.jpg

Edited by matys1001 (see edit history)

You could achieve this by changing the category.tpl.

Look for the subcategories there. You could fetch all manufacturers by iterating through the products and store them in an array. ( I would prefer to write a micromodul for that, but it could also be done in pure smarty. )

You could then iterate over all manufacturers and display whatever you like (instead or in addition to the subcatergory block. You'd have to change the loop, of course, to make it suitable for your array and the manufaturer object.

Regards

Peter