How to get quantity discount table of certain product in custom module .tpl

Hello everyone,

I want to show the quantity discount table of a certain product on my homepage (not product page). I am a ps module programming beginner and started with the toturial. So I know how to show some content and hook it to display home. However I was not able to figure out how to get or use the variables from product.tpl and related files. I found, that the productcontroller.php governs the generation of the product variables, but that's it.

Can you help me?

Thanks a million,

Philipp

to php file of your module you have to add code to get quantity discounts. Add it to home hook function. See productController.php for variable $quantity_discounts

you can get there full code to get discounts from database, then in tpl file you have to add code to display table

<div id="quantityDiscount">
	<table class="std">
	<thead>
		<tr>
			<th>{l s='Product'}</th>
			<th>{l s='From (qty)'}</th>
			<th>{if Configuration::get('PS_DISPLAY_DISCOUNT_PRICE')}{l s='Price'}{else}{l s='Discount'}{/if}</th>
		</tr>
	</thead>
	<tbody>
		{foreach from=$quantity_discounts item='quantity_discount' name='quantity_discounts'}
		<tr id="quantityDiscount_{$quantity_discount.id_product_attribute}" class="quantityDiscount_{$quantity_discount.id_product_attribute}">
			<td>
				{if (isset($quantity_discount.attributes) && ($quantity_discount.attributes))}
					{$product->getProductName($quantity_discount.id_product, $quantity_discount.id_product_attribute)}
				{else}
					{$product->getProductName($quantity_discount.id_product)}
				{/if}
			</td>
			<td>{$quantity_discount.quantity|intval}</td>
			<td>
				{if $quantity_discount.price >= 0 OR $quantity_discount.reduction_type == 'amount'}
					{if Configuration::get('PS_DISPLAY_DISCOUNT_PRICE')}
						{convertPrice price=$productPrice-$quantity_discount.real_value|floatval}
					{else}
						-{convertPrice price=$quantity_discount.real_value|floatval}
					{/if}
				{else}
					{if Configuration::get('PS_DISPLAY_DISCOUNT_PRICE')}
						{convertPrice price = $productPrice-($productPrice*$quantity_discount.reduction)|floatval}
					{else}
						-{$quantity_discount.real_value|floatval}%
					{/if}
				{/if}
			</td>
		</tr>
		{/foreach}
	</tbody>
	</table>
</div>

The tpl part was what I found myself ;-)

But fpr the php part, how do I pass the product id? I mean in the tpl, the table is is generated from the variables generated in the controller, right?

How do I pass the product id into this get the table of the product with certain ID ?