Successful Upload Theme but not showing

Hello Community

I just installed a prestashop through Softaculous.

I went right away to the backoffice to install the theme I bought.

I upload it to the FTP and then select it to "Import From FTP".

It says Successful Upload but the theme doesn't not appear for me to Select/Apply it...

That's pretty much it. It's a 1 minute fresh install. I tried reinstalling Prestashop but it stays the same.

Also, I tried upload other themes I have here, none of them work.

Thanks a lot in advance

Have a nice weekend

Bruno

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have the same problem. After I import a theme from my computer on prestashop 1.6.1.13, it returns "successful upload"

but the theme is not in the 'themes' folder neither in the 'theme' table.

@brunobragaw8t how did you make it work?

me too.... can anyone help us?

the theme does not appear in the theme folder (i see by ftp) but prestashop seems to upload it succesfully and even gives the green sign "succesfully upload".

Then you scroll the page and after the bootstrap default theme, there is the theme market... nothing else installed, so nothing to select.

I think it is a problem of the hosting, something related to php zip extension or something like that.

It seems that the script does its job but the server doesn't allow the zip file to be uploaded.

Someone more expert than me can help?

Edited by VickyG (see edit history)

I would upload the theme via ftp, then in the database table "ps_theme" add the theme you have uploaded as a row, using the existing ones as an example.

It should then show up in the backend.

To modify the database table (as specified above) check if you have "phpmyadmin" available or installed (or some equivalent). You may have already used it to setup your database for the Prestashop installation.

hi Presta911

yes doing what you say the theme appears, but when i select it and i go to enable its modules..... of course everything crashes and gives me an error 500

Probably because the raw that i add has the wrong values.

This is not the solution. The solution is to understand what i have to change on the cpanel in order to let the procedure be automatic as usual.

Anyone can help? It is really frustrating.

• 2 years later...

I run into the same problems and discovered the following:

1. I need to finish the 'tutorial', otherwise, the theme will not appear.  There is a little bird guiding you where everything is the first time you login. Need to finish that.

2. Need to check permission of your web directory.  I need to change everything to do: chown -R www-data.www-data <my website directory>

3. I need to change php.ini upload_size limit to be 10M from 2M  as in here -> https://www.leotheme.com/blog/prestashop/prestashop-1-7/549-how-to-configure-file-size-in-prestashop17.html

and it is now working for me.