Discounted Accessories in Add to Cart Confirmation

Hello,

I would like to have a small group or category of accessories show up in the Add to Cart confirmation window that are discounted with any purchase of a main product, which is the whole rest of the store besides the few accessories.  I attached a picture of what I want.  Is their any way to do this with prestashop or a module I can get to do this?  I looked through the store and I can not find anything. 

post-517851-0-06619000-1462362451_thumb.jpg

You can create a custom module that you register to hook shoppingCart, then in function hookShoppingCart() use the Product function getAccessoriesLight() or getAccessories() to get the associated accessories for the product that was just added to cart and apply a discount to them.

If you don't know how to create a PrestaShop module just search the web, there are plenty of tutorials. You can also check my PrestaShop Starter Module, it will help you start faster once you understand how a module works.

ndiaga:  I am not sure if your offering to create the module or just stating it is possible?

gabdara:  Thanks for that, it is helpful, but how would you add a discount to the accessories just if their purchased with a product?   So like it shows the 50% discount like in my picture, but only when another product is purchased.  That way it is full price if someone tried to buy it solo or later removes the main product from their cart.

• 1 month later...