Can't login (backoffice) after 1-click-update

CrossY

Hi there,

I just updated from 1.5.x to 1.6.1.5. However, I can't login to the backoffice. Now i've had this problem with other websites, and I change the password through the database (Cookie > MD5 etc.). However, i'm getting an internal server 500 error in PhpMyAdmin when I press 'GO'.

Front-end of my website doesn't give (server 500) errors, backoffice gives regular login screen.

Changing email/name or whatever in the same window works fine...

Any idea's how to get to the root of this problem? I've been stuck on this issue for hours now and I can't find any solution.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: tried regenerating Cookie_key but i'm getting the same error.

Edit: the problem appears to be with MD5 function, it changes the field if I use different settings, but not with MD5. I've successfully changed other passwords this way on the same server, but different databases.

Edit: I have this error for all my (Prestashop) websites on this version of PhpMyAdmin: 4.6.0. I have a different account with this host running PhpMyAdmin 4.5.5.1 - It appears this is the source of the problem. Still nu solution found though..

post-354569-0-15568400-1462272444_thumb.jpg

Edited by CrossY (see edit history)

This appears to be a a bug with phpMyAdmin 4.6.0!

My host was kind enough to hotfix this untill the official bugfix comes in. However, it does still seem to mess with password recovery on the backoffice (error). At least I can manually reset passwords through the database for now.