Indexing sites

kamenak

Pls im interesting in this: I am working om book eshop. It was made full automatic import of all books from xml import module, that was made bespoke to me. That import was more then 18000 of books at once. Now Im interesting in - how long it takes to index all sites to google etc. Now it is about 30 days after import and only 300 sites has indexed yet. Robot.txt and sitemap.xml I have done. Thanx any experiences

www.knihy-kamen.cz

Google should have indexed your site by now, especially if you have filled out proper titles and descriptions on your items. I generated a sitemap using the build in module in PrestaShop - that didn't get me indexed, I then tried a modified version with the same result. I had one page indexed for 3 weeks, the day after I erased my sitemap, my shop was found by Google. Therefore, I would delete the sitemap and let Google discover you on its own. You should also switch on the SEO-friendly URLs - this can be done in your Back Office.

Thx for reply. In fact I made an import 30 days ago, but sitemap I generated 1 week ago. Description and titles are copied from my supplier unfortunately(I know that is not the best, but 18000 unique text is unpossible. This is b2b system.) I will try to setup urls to friendly urls, and I found some direction to copy title to meta desctription so I try it too.After that you think I should delete my sitemap? I hope the googlebot index me ever, I mean this like construction the web. Thx to any other exp.

• 11 months later...

I think it require more efforts from you. I think social bookmarking and search engine submission are very useful to you for indexing a site. I have used this technique and it is very useful for me. I recommend this technique to all of you. I am sure that it will work for you.