Issue With Local Copy

Presta_Kev

Hi All,

I have encountered a rather peculiar issue with my copy of Prestashop.

The site itself is running fine but as a next phase of development, I wanted to get a local copy to work on my local PC and then push changes to the server, however whenever I get a local copy of my Prestashop, the admin panel (and all related administrative screens) do not seem to display any CSS or styles and appear as a mess of pure HTML.

I have tested this on a fresh PC and my laptop which I previously used for development and have encountered the same issue on both. Interestingly, this only seems to affect the local version as all live versions of the admin panel are fine.

I am specifically using Prestashop 1.6.0.13, I have used multiple version of FileZilla (and copied the files directly from the web server using their backup facility) and tried multiple versions of XAMPP.

Another curiosity is that when getting a local copy, FileZilla prompts me that files already exist and ask if I want to overwrite. At this point, the target folder is empty so there should be no existing files contained and therefore, nothing to overwrite. Additionally, from what I can see, the files are in different locations and different sizes. I wasn't sure if this is related but I thought it worth mentioning.

Screenshot of login page attached.

post-792148-0-72780100-1462189911_thumb.png

Vekia, That seems to have pointed me in the right direction.

It appears that I have configured the website for a path of localhost/prestashop/*shop files* however when checking the console it appears to be attempting to load theme files from localhost/themes (excluding the prestashop part).

Do you perhaps know what determines the path that Prestashop uses to search for the files themselves (is this the shop URL for example) or should I simply move my files back into the root localhost folder?

Sadly, I was unable to navigate through the front office to change the URL as I was receiving PHP script errors (from what I can see, this was simply due to a 404 not found when attempting to load some of the scripts) so I changed the URL to be "localhost/prestashop" (without quotes) in the database PS_SHOP_URL table.

Sadly, this does not seem to have made any difference at the moment )I have cleared my browser cache, smarty cache and force recompile turned on).

Ok, I've got further.

Taking Vekia's advice, I traced through the developer mode and found it was 404-ing when attempting to load many of my files. This required me to change the Base URL (sadly, I could not do this through the front end and this needed to be done in the database). It now looks like it loads the themes correctly.

Interestingly, if I navigate to the "SEO & URLs" panel, when attempting to save I am met with the following error message (admin folder replaced with x for security):

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Access to undeclared static property: Validate::$values in E:\XAMPP\htdocs\prestashop\classes\controller\AdminController.php:1224 Stack trace: #0 E:\XAMPP\htdocs\prestashop\classes\controller\AdminController.php(765): AdminControllerCore->processUpdateOptions() #1 E:\XAMPP\htdocs\prestashop\controllers\admin\AdminMetaController.php(439): AdminControllerCore->postProcess() #2 E:\XAMPP\htdocs\prestashop\classes\controller\Controller.php(171): AdminMetaControllerCore->postProcess() #3 E:\XAMPP\htdocs\prestashop\classes\Dispatcher.php(373): ControllerCore->run() #4 E:\XAMPP\htdocs\prestashop\adminxxxxxxxxx\index.php(54): DispatcherCore->dispatch() #5 {main} thrown in E:\XAMPP\htdocs\prestashop\classes\controller\AdminController.php on line 1224

I am not sure if this is a side-effect of the transfer issue that I detailed in my first post or if this is something else. Should I chalk this issue up to being a bad copy from the server and get my files again (as it looks like my theme issue has now been resolved).

Update:

I have attempted to get another copy of the local site again however I found that this issue above still persisted.

Edited by Presta_Kev (see edit history)