How to validate attributes selection on product page?

Yogesh Raghav

Hello ,

My website is https://www.shelltag.com. iam looking for a solution regarding attribute selection and disallowing user to proceed to check out to https://www.shelltag.com/quick-order  page if there is no attribute selected like color and size especially. what i want is to prevent default selection of attributes when we land on product page and show a message to user when he/she wants to checkout without selecting attributes.

i want to show a tool tip test on button cart like "Please select size (if no size selected),Please select Color (if no color selected), some thing like flipkart.

also important thing is we are not using default AJAX CART feature as we have disabled this feature and redirect user to quick-order page after checkout,so please take this into consideration that we are not using default ajax cart feature.

kindly help on this as its very urgent and if need extra ino do post here.

This will be a very complex task

because what if someone wants to buy a standard combination? how to distinct if someone wants default combination, or add to cart default combination imstakenly?

• Like 1

sir,we dont want default combination to be there. instead we want an option like "Select One"..so that lets say this wud be default option selected and if user havent selected size or color than there shud be a message showing like "please select size or color for thsi product"and also we are not using default ajax cart button so keep this in mind too that we using standard checkout button for this all functionality 

just like flipkart ,a TOOL TIP text shud shown when user dont select any combination...

got my point sir?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...