Dscho

autocomplete search suggest

Hi,

the bug is in line 8 of the file blockautosearch.tpl.
Replace it with:

<form method="get" action="{$base_dir}search.php" id="searchbox" class="block_content">

This would be awesome if it worked in IE... I wish i had an fix to contribute, but after looking it over, i don't see where it is going wrong.

Anyone else had any luck with this in IE?

Hi,
open the file blockautosearch.php and goto line 35.

Changes:

//                OR $this->registerHook('top') == false
               OR $this->registerHook('leftColumn') == false                
//                OR $this->registerHook('rightColumn') == false

into:

OR $this->registerHook('top') == false
//                OR $this->registerHook('leftColumn') == false                  
//                OR $this->registerHook('rightColumn') == false 

Hi,

yes the problems are only on IE :-(. I Think it is an css problem, but at the moment i have no time for bug fixing. Too much work on presta-client and customers.

Best regards
Dscho

Little bug... I've 2 languages installed... my second language's "module translation" now in english!!! how to back up? It's english even if I filled empty fields of module translation... Otherwise good module, thanks )))

I've tried with all languages... only english in module translations in front office... why ? I see translations in back office. But in front office only english... (My Account, Cart, Categories and so on...) Need help please...

For Working file with ie:

go to:
jquery.autocomplete.js
line 157

and comment (or remove):

if ($.browser.msie) {
// we put a styled iframe behind the calendar so HTML SELECT elements don't show through
$results.append(document.createElement('iframe'));
}

Tks Dscho for the module
Tks for the debug to Dr. Benway

This is a great module. Is the author of this also the contributor of the version of it in Prestashop 1.2? It seems very similar, except it is a little more advanced. Also, it has not issues in IE!

French :
Lors de mes débuts, j'avais installé ce module. Je suis sur la version finale 1.2.1. Je viens de m'apercevoir que la recherche ajax ne fonctionne plus.
Le module autosearch est désinstallé depuis longtemps. J'ai réindexé les produits. Désactiver / Réactiver la recherche ajax. Désinstaller / Réinstaller les modules. Remis les dossiers CONFIG ET CLASSES d'origine. Rien n'y fait. La recherche ajax ne veut pas revenir... Comment faire ? Je n'ai plus d'idée...

English :
When I started, I installed this module. I'm on the final version 1.2.1. I just noticed that the search ajax not working anymore.
The module is uninstalled AutoSearch long. I reindexed products. Disable / Enable Research ajax. Uninstall / Reinstall modules. Put the files CONFIG AND CLASSES home. Nothing worked. The ajax search does not return ... How? I have no idea ...

Trouvé : il faut remettre le fichier "jquery.autocomplete.js" d'origine et ça refonctionne...

Found: one must put the file "jquery.autocomplete.js" home and it work again ...

What is the status of this module at the moment ?

I also get the error:

$("#search_query").autocomplete is not a function
[break on this error] extraParams:{ajaxSearch:1,id_lang:3}\n

And I can't find any status or solution for now... so I wonder where this plugin is in status.

Same for me! Can anybody help! I try to follow what written in the topic, but I couldn't find the line in the files (i guess the files changed)

Hi there,
I am somewhat a newby to Prestashop. I think your mod is cool... But I'm experiencing some defecates in getting it to work.
I have added the bug fix and still nothing.
When i had a search string, like FORD for example i get a blank box appear.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
John.

26412_YtRQDz5rk4CU26vxb0n4_t