Blank space between category-image and menu ?!

Hello, 

There is a blank space above (and below) my category-images, no mater what I do. If anyone can help that would be great :)

I have removed the bradcrump and everything that would be in between the top-menu and the image-category, in order to have the image "attached" to the menu (with no space between).

I have, of course, set the paddings of the category image to 0. 

When I go to my browser-inspector (chrome) and live-edit the page, it removes the blank spaces when I set the "min-height" of the image (which is defined in category.tpl by this function "min-height:{$categorySize.height}px;" to 260px, it works. 

When I change it in the code (and put 260px instead of min-height:{$categorySize.height}px;"; it doesn't. 

--> I don't believe this is the right solution anyway, this blank space shouldn't be there 

--> Cache is disactivated, and I recompile the templates. 

Here is a page of the website, for example: http://homegourmet.be/index.php?id_category=2702&controller=category&id_lang=1

And It's not because I moved the breadcrump (navigation) below the image... (it doesn't work when it's set to its default place..)

Helppp :)

Thanks !

Those blank spaces are not of css nature, they are part of the category image:

http://homegourmet.be/img/c/2702-category_default.jpg

Prestashop simply adds white space to the image that you upload. And you are right, playing with the min-height is not a correct approach. Try adjusting the image proportions for category images in your images settings and regenerate thumbnails. Or you can prepare a different image and upload it.

Try adjusting the image proportions for category images in your images settings and regenerate thumbnails. Or you can prepare a different image and upload it.

How and where can I do that please? Isn't there a way to avoid Prestashop to add* a blank space to my images?! I actually respected the suggested size in the upload... so it surprises me!

Thanks!

The suggested size may be entered in the module, but that doesn't mean that the theme is adjusted for those values, maybe they just should be different.

You set the sizes in Preferences -> Images, after that you need to upload the image again or regenerate thumbnails.

If you want to avoid adding whitespace to images you can use some module like Perfect Thumbnails.