Home/blockfeatured not available and there are QTY=0 products are in the loop

Dear All,

I am using PS 1.6.1.4. currently and I have 2 problems with the included modules. In the main page there are 3 blocks where the producsts are shown, these are built in modules/blocks:

Here are the problems:

1)

The blocknewproducts work fine, but recently i noted, there are QTY=0 products are in the list as well.. one day i realised that in the new products there are just products where NO quantity is available... To fix this i thought i will put in the SQL query a simply where quantity > 0, but i am not able to locate the main SQL line for this block. Does somebody know where is this SQL line located in which file?

2)

the other block where i had problems is the blockfeature / homefeature. I read many blogs and manuals but i could not put products into this block. Does somebody know how to put products here? What needs to be done in advance to prestashop includes products into this block?

I read in a blog that i need to put products into the first element of the tree (home), i did that, but this did not helped either.

Cache has been turned off and manually has been emptied weeks ago.

Last but not least, is it possible that these blocks download more products? (i do not know why i only get 8... 2x4). I would like to download for each block 16 products. I looked in the backoffice as well, i found some numbers but when i changed them nothing changed in the front office :)

Many thanks for the help and comments!