Adding a fixed price for customization.

Scotty501

Hello All,

Is there a simple way in adding a price for a customization of a product? 

So if you sell say Tee Shirts, and the customer wants their name printed on it, they enter the text in the text box, how do I make the cart add a cost to the order for the customization?  The cost will always be the same so it does not vary by number of letters used etc,

It might be difficult without code customization - make dome custom changes.

If you are not going to use "Gift Wrapping", you consider to use this for customization fee.

You can create non required text type custom fields, and then check in shopping cart, if there is any custom field data entered, then add gift wrapping fee.

And this can be done by overriding Cart.php class in method getOrderTotal()

Just some ideas for your reference

I like the idea - but I am trying to avoid customizing the core code, as it will be a client who maintains a low volume store.  If there was a module that would integrate with the theme he is using that would be ideal - even if paid for.  They will update the store at some point and then overwrite everything - then I have to fix it :)

If there are modules that allow you to simply allow a customer to add text to a tee-shirt etc - and then add the charge accordingly, I would be interested.