UK Sellers and PayPal the official (?) status

No, sorry, downloaded and installed the DH42 module, then 'updated' it and it doesn't work either.

This is what I'm getting with the DH42 (updated) module:

Your country is not available for this module please go on Prestashop addons to see the different possibilities.

You need to install the Dh42 module and do not click update as if you do that then it will just update the module to the latest PayPal Europe module which has no UK support.

• Like 1

Removed it, delete it, then reinstall it and dont update it.

If you have a problem send them a message. I had a different problem with my site not saving the details but they talked me through it and got it working.

My old paypal europe module is still working since I added the code for IE.

But I suspect I should have added the UK also, never the less, still not updating this module!

Is that what Dh42 did with his version? added necessary countries / code and removed country restrictions?

Edited by sounds (see edit history)

What I did was add all of the countries to the array, right. At the same time there are certain paypal services that were locked in some countries too, so we unlocked them for all countries, then just packaged the module. 

• Like 3

Installed an automated update.

I believe it is a port of the PayPal Europe v3.10.6 module that has been amended to provide UK support and as such it will show that it needs to be updated but don't update it as it will be overwritten by the PayPal Europe module that has no UK support. Just ignore the Update button.

• Like 1

Well - DESPITE 202 e-commerce saying that the latest version (3.10.8) allows installation of the module in the UK and it being downloadable from Prestashop addons in the UK once more..... It installs then block configuration options and just throws up a 'cannot be used in your country' error message again on the config page!!!

Reason - in classes/AuthenticatePaymentMethods.php  they have missed 'GB' => array('GB'), from public static function getPaymentMethodsByIsoCode($iso_code)

Replace this and it works fine!

Cannot believe that after all this hassle for UK users that Prestashop themselves are not getting actively involved in rectifying this module.

Large parts of it STILL don't actually work.

Selecting log in with PayPal option - doesn't work - window doesn't close and Address section doesn't update until you manually close child window then refresh OPC page manually.

In-Context checkout option also does not work. 

Finally for those of us who use PayPal Payments Pro, selecting the Direct Payments or Manual capture/auth buttons has no effect at all. All payments are taken straight away -unless you manually set 'sale' to 'authorization' in ipn.php.

Even more inconvenient is that if you set to Auth and then capture later, there id no capture/ refund option in admin-orders page. You have to do thewt from PayPal Payment pro interface, then manually set order status to whatever back in Prestashop Admin-orders!! Even when you do this the payment message stays as pending.

Yet when using Website payments standard it works perfectly, allowing both capture and refund from within Prestashop.

Surely someone at 202 ecommerce or Prestashop can do better than this!!!!

• Like 2

I wonder will presta devs ever actually come up with a solution, they haven't so far.

When you install the DH42 version, configure it and don't upgrade it! you'll only be left with the newer version which excludes UK and Ireland in the code.

Some dose!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Is there any update to this issue? My Paypal module stopped working yesterday so I downloaded the DH42 version (incl security update version) but when I add it to Prestashop it I can't locate it. Also cannot delete the Paypal Europe module. I too cannot update the API credentials (error saying the details in section 3 need completing when they're already entered.

Hi All,

Is there any update to this issue? My Paypal module stopped working yesterday so I downloaded the DH42 version (incl security update version) but when I add it to Prestashop it I can't locate it. Also cannot delete the Paypal Europe module. I too cannot update the API credentials (error saying the details in section 3 need completing when they're already entered.

I updated with the official version and it worked ok

No need to update the API credntials I think

I updated the module, it asked for those details. I just closed down prestashop, opened it again and now the module does not ask. So on our other sites I did not even try. i clicked to upgrade and did not enter the configuration at all

Seems to be OK

Hi All,

Sometimes if you upgrade from an old version, you may need to perform a module reset, and I would also suggest clearing your smarty cache.  Then try to configure the module again

• 2 weeks later...

Uninstall the paypal module totally, then delete it. Then install the other module. If you still get the error clear the file cache in the back office of you shop from the Preferences Performance. 

I am getting "error occurred" message but no message displayed after updated to module paypal_worldwide v2.1. Can you please help.

post-1100018-0-52066200-1468486502_thumb.png

Hi, I got around the problem by installing the dh42 module paypal_worldwide v2.1 and then inputting the API credentials directly into the database. The table in the database where they are located is the configuration table.

Hi, I got around the problem by installing the dh42 module paypal_worldwide v2.1 and then inputting the API credentials directly into the database. The table in the database where they are located is the configuration table.

Hi Neil63, which table you are referring too? Did that solve your problem ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've just been asked to look at a problem on a Prestashop 1.6.1.4 site where the Paypal module v3.10.10 has been installed but when you click on it in the shop you just get a 404 page. This issue looks to have been going on for a long time. It appears that the fix is to install @DH42 module as there is no official fix. Am I correct? How are people finding that the DH42 module works?

Are you 100% positive that the link is redirecting to paypal and not some where else or internally on the site? Can you link the site over, there are some specific hacks that people have been using against the paypal module to redirect the link. 

Are you 100% positive that the link is redirecting to paypal and not some where else or internally on the site? Can you link the site over, there are some specific hacks that people have been using against the paypal module to redirect the link. 

Hi

It's the standard Paypal plug-in that is being used. If you go to bluejayorientalfoods.co.uk and attempt to purchase a product using the Paypal link it just sends you to a 404 page.

Is there a product that can actually be bought? Also are you talking about the express checkout link at the bottom of the product page?

Yes it is the express link at the bottom of the page. Try it and you will see it takes you too a 404 page.

Yes it is embarrasing, I am usinng the Agile PayPal paymet module in the UK and it works flawlessly for me. There was a small server related glitch when I installed it but the developer provided excellent quick support and its great - https://addons-modules.com/store/en/standalone-modules/10-agile-prestashop-paypal-express-checkout-module.html

I have just tried the demo..

After payment is done, it is not going on the order-confirmation page but instead on this page: http://demo2.addons-modules.com/prestashop-paypal-express-checkout-demo601/module/agilepaypal/return?id_cart=96&key=7235cc858f9a67a6b845139b8ffd8a86&id_module=75&slowvalidation&expresscheckoutkey=2248e91c8b5641862b7e3fa863011b71&id_subcart=0

So fb pixel conversion plugins will not work like this, another issue..

HI, i do have an Prestashop here in Norway, selling to all countries.
 But NO PAYMENT modules are working for United Kingdome!?
- When choosing UK adress, all the 4 payment modules dissapears????
HOW TO SORT IT?

Steinar- www.prosim.no

HI, i do have an Prestashop here in Norway, selling to all countries.
 But NO PAYMENT modules are working for United Kingdome!?
- When choosing UK adress, all the 4 payment modules dissapears????
HOW TO SORT IT?

Steinar- www.prosim.no

Look in your modules folder, and confirm that the express_checkout folder exists with 5 files in it. 

/modules/paypal/express_checkout

If you are receiving a 404 page not found error, then you do not have the module completely installed

Hi

I've checked and all five files are there.

not sure what to tell you then.  perhaps you have some rewrite rule that is causing this.  if the files exist, then you would not get a 404 page not found error.

to further test this to see if it is a module issue or something else, place a simple text file in the express_checkout folder, something like test.txt.  put some dummy text inside of that, something like "hello"

Once the file exists there, then try to access that file from a browser like

http://bluejayorientalfoods.co.uk/modules/paypal/express_checkout/test.txt

not sure what to tell you then.  perhaps you have some rewrite rule that is causing this.  if the files exist, then you would not get a 404 page not found error.

to further test this to see if it is a module issue or something else, place a simple text file in the express_checkout folder, something like test.txt.  put some dummy text inside of that, something like "hello"

Once the file exists there, then try to access that file from a browser like

http://bluejayorientalfoods.co.uk/modules/paypal/express_checkout/test.txt

Interesting. It works for the test.txt file but not for the php files there. That's strange.

I would have come to the same conclusion had the last test worked, but since it resulted in a 404 page not found error also, then it shows it is not a module error.

You likely have some rewrite rule in your .htaccess file or server configuration that is preventing this from working properly.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi DH42, I installed your hack and all works perfectly until final checkout from paypal. Paypal is not returning to the store it just shows a blank webpage, payment is taken and recorded in the backoffice. The customer is left in limbo wondering has the order been placed. I have the return url in paypal set to off along with express checkout off in module. Do i need to set a return url and if so what should it be?

This is bordering on illegal, surely? I set up PayPal on our site 2 weeks ago, planning to switch our store on next week. While I get I should have tested it myself (and at least I have now!), I got a pop up message in the faulty deliberately restricted module telling me I was all ready to start accepting payments - the pop up ironically appearing next to my UK country setting.

We are a new store. I honestly don't know if that makes it better or worse than people who have live customers unable to make payments all of a sudden, but I know we don't have much more in the way of funds for development, and Prestashop has apparently proven a sink for money that looks to have been taken while they knew they couldn't provide the service they claimed to. 

The decision now is whether to switch entirely to Magento or Opencart, or try to plug away with Prestashop. Frankly, a company that sells out a whole country-load of its users' businesses to negotiate a better deal for itself doesn't inspire me to keep using them. 

Has anyone had any luck with other platforms? 

Has anyone had any luck with other platforms? 

I so much understand your pain there..

Those payment modules are so not to expectation, despite me contacting two of the module's developers. I see no hope unless you want to spend those stupid crazy prices on paid ones - which again are not quality.

So to answer your question, I have switched to Woocommerce on top of wordpress. They have both a standard FREE paypal module (default) AND a FREE paypal express module. I have tested all the use-cases that I needed and this switch is so much (100x) better than the frustration around here. And with wordpress, again you do not need to "pay for every single plugin as most of the great ones are FREE.

If you need additional info, just PM me. All the best!

I look forward to Prestashop 1.7 though, just to say I'm not a hater, but someone who wished Prestashop business model / ecosystem could have been way better that just banking on every single functionality..

Edited by sevenphpshop (see edit history)

Lol. That link leads to a 2 star PayPal WooCommerce module. Good luck with that ;)

Just use @dh42's PayPal module if you're in the UK. The way I see it the PayPal module is only disabled in the UK because @202ecommerce doesn't get a good enough deal. I hope that PrestaShop will grow some backbone and remove the official status of the module. That will open the opportunity for a more ethical agency to build a higher quality PayPal module for every country possible.

I think that is very important to have free payment modules. The basics of any eCommerce framework should be free, otherwise no good start. That is why I have begun with a free Stripe module (shameless promotion, sorry :lol:) and hopefully PrestaShop will see it like that, too, one day, because it loses a lot of community members that way, I think.

LOL.. If you like going by "stars" which is not what I would always look for, then here's another one by an official paypal partner & ambassador + 3time Paypal star developer Award winners.

Enjoy!

And I so much agree with you on the "The basics of any eCommerce framework should be free, otherwise no good start" - cheers!

Edited by sevenphpshop (see edit history)

Hi,
I come to you concerning the problem encounter  the UK users with PayPal Europe module. Indeed there was a restriction of countries asked by Paypal.
This problem has been resolved in the latest version online of addons. Consequently all UK users can use the module with the latest version.

In addition, the module is available for the following countries:

payPal-PAys.png        

The following countries will soon be integrated in the module:
Ireland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Serbia, Croatia, Moldova, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Malta, Monaco, Island

For information, we are the team that support and edit the PayPal Europe module for PrestaShop and our roles is to respond to change requests emitted from PayPal.

If you still have a problem with the module please contact us directly on this portal : https://support.202-ecommerce.com/

Regards, 
Keith - 202 ecommerce

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I did install the DH42 module but it didn't work. I got a lot of error messages about PRV being undefined, but I'm not sure if that's a glitch because of a conflict with another module on my store or something.

However, i can confirm that the 202 module is currently working. And (luckily for me) we will be making sure we have backup options for any issues like this in the future. It's an interesting learning curve, that's for sure!

My 202 module works apart from the last screen when a customer pays, it just goes to a blank screen, order is recorded ok but cannot print or view invoices, i dont think it is the modules fault, has anyone experienced this before?

Hi, 

I'm getting the exact same issue.

Still trying to figure it out

I've checked the logs of my server and it displays this

[12-Sep-2016 21:33:21 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught  --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "/home/runsford/public_html/supapets/modules/paypal/views/templates/front/order-confirmation-mobile.tpl"  on line 64 "<a href="{$link->getPageLink('history.php', true, NULL, 'step=1&back={$back|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}')}" data-ajax="false">{l s='Back to orders' mod='paypal'}</a>"  - Unexpected "htmlall", expected one of: "","" , ")" <--
  thrown in /home/runsford/public_html/supapets/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 64

ok so finally found debug mode and here is now whats on the blank paypal page

Notice: Undefined index: PAYMENTREQUEST_0_SHIPPINGAMT in /homepages/2/d497603572/htdocs/clickandbuilds/PrestaShop/Mini_Garage_eCommerce/modules/paypal/paypal_orders.php on line 70

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'PDF2f2f0f119a907c6c67a3c6fcde0' (T_STRING) in /homepages/2/d497603572/htdocs/clickandbuilds/PrestaShop/Mini_Garage_eCommerce/translations/en/pdf.php on line 14

Hi,

I come to you concerning the problem encounter  the UK users with PayPal Europe module. Indeed there was a restriction of countries asked by Paypal.

This problem has been resolved in the latest version online of addons. Consequently all UK users can use the module with the latest version.

In addition, the module is available for the following countries:

payPal-PAys.png        

The following countries will soon be integrated in the module:

Ireland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Serbia, Croatia, Moldova, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Albania, Malta, Monaco, Island

For information, we are the team that support and edit the PayPal Europe module for PrestaShop and our roles is to respond to change requests emitted from PayPal.

If you still have a problem with the module please contact us directly on this portal : https://support.202-ecommerce.com/

Regards, 

Keith - 202 ecommerce

Keith

The above is simply not true.  I have tried to load this today in the UK and get the following response:

Your country is not available for this module please go on Prestashop addons to see the different possibilities.

Simon

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried using version 3.10.10 of the module but it wouldn't accept my API credentials for my UK based business. I only realised there was a problem when a customer emailed me having failed to compete a £400 + order online today. I hope he comes back!

As a stop gap I have installed an old version of the module which seems to work, but is not ideal. We may have to move away from Prestashop entirely if these problems persist.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting "error occurred" message but no message displayed after updated to module paypal_worldwide v2.1. Can you please help.

Hi,

I'm encountering the same problem when trying to make a custom order for someone and getting no success. Dont seem to be getting any response from anyone either. Reference this thread - https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/559975-custom-order-generates-paypal-fault/?view=getlastpost

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm configuring a new e-commerce site with Prestashop 1.6.1.7 and the Paypal EUrope module 3.11.1 but when I try to enter the API infos I allways get the follwing error message :  "You need to complete the PayPal identification Information in step 3 otherwise you won't be able to accept payment."

Is-it because Belgium is not yet supported ? 

It seam incredible to use a e-commerce solution which not have a operationnal Paypal module :-(

Thanks