fjcasadop

Paypal needs to change to TLS 1.2. How?

Question

Paypal will block all the payments made from any system using TLS1.0 instead of TLS1.2. This is the message:

Your configuration use version 1.0 to communicate with PayPal.From July, all payments will be blocked.Thank you to approach your hosting company to enable the TLS version 1.2

And my question is... how do I change that? Or is Prestahop who has to change it for PS Cloud?

Thank you

24 answers to this question

I have the same issue for PS Cloud

let me know please the solution.

As mdekker told, please use support tab on your Cloud account dashboard for to contact directly Prestashop Cloud Team. They are the only one which can solve this problem.

Well, not exactly...

First the paypal module needs to be updated so that it uses TLS v1.2.  Why are we assuming that the server running PS Cloud does not support this version of TLS?

Well, not exactly...

First the paypal module needs to be updated so that it uses TLS v1.2.  Why are we assuming that the server running PS Cloud does not support this version of TLS?

Paypal will block all the payments made from any system using TLS1.0 instead of TLS1.2. This is the message:

Your configuration use version 1.0 to communicate with PayPal.From July, all payments will be blocked.Thank you to approach your hosting company to enable the TLS version 1.2

And my question is... how do I change that? Or is Prestahop who has to change it for PS Cloud?

Thank you

Seems to be an information of Paypal, reading the server configuration ?

I checked the cloud configuration. Prestashop cloud is currently using OpenSSL 0.9.8o from June 2010. But TSL 1.2 needs minimum OpenSSL 1.0.1c. This library is supported from Apache 2.4.1 or Nginx 1.0.6.

So the TSL 1.2 supports needs more than a switch, it presumably requires reconfigured cloud servers .

So it is both a Paypal module update (earlier versions used SSL and TLS v1), and possibly a server update.  The OP has not returned to confirm which version of openssl they are using.  It is very likely that TLS v1.2 is not supported by the server, but don't over look the fact that the Paypal module they are using likely needs an update as well

Hi!
My hosting provider (Siteground) confirmed me that i'm running on tls 1.2 but paypal module still says that i'm on 1.0

As they said, that's a module problem, how to force it to see that actualy i'm on 1.2? :|

So it is both a Paypal module update (earlier versions used SSL and TLS v1), and possibly a server update.  The OP has not returned to confirm which version of openssl they are using.  It is very likely that TLS v1.2 is not supported by the server, but don't over look the fact that the Paypal module they are using likely needs an update as well

I contacted Prestashop through the support tab, as you suggested, and they confirmed that they are aware of this problem and working on it.

how long will it take to solve this problem?

without paypal is a shop nearly unnessesary...

no one from this thread can tell you how long Prestashop will fix their cloud platform, you will need to contact them.

And if you are a UK seller forget it. As far as I can tell there will be no free paypal module for UK sellers any more. Even the rather pricey paid module they point you to is no good because it is for card payments only and does not allow customers to pay with their paypal account

I'm tring to install paypal on my site but it output the same:

"Your configuration use version 1.0 to communicate with PayPal.From July, all payments will be blocked.Thank you to approach your hosting company to enable the TLS version 1.2".

Siteground said that my server run 1.2 tls and they proved it. The paypal module is updated. So what is that issue?

Edited by Marco X

If they are using .98c, it makes me wonder if they are using Cent 5. That would be a bring problem because Cent 5 doesn't support TLS 1.2.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers guys! 

I'm a bit worried because there are no official news from PrestaShop so I think it will be a long, long waiting. 

This problem has also a large impact on lots of prestashop customers, isn't it?

Hello guys,

same problem here. I hope the community will get an solution as soon as possible because all our e-shops can't work without Paypal... 

Today with PayPal v3.10.8 - da PrestaShop:

No more red error message!

Presta_smile.png

I'm going to test it with some payments as soon as possible!

• Like 1

Today with PayPal [/size]

v3.10.8 - da PrestaShop:

No more red error message!

Presta_smile.png

I'm going to test it with some payments as soon as possible!

Congrats! :)

However, my cloud testshop configuration (btw. still not updated from 1.6.1.1 by service team) from today still reports:

OpenSSL support enabled

OpenSSL Library Version OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010

OpenSSL Header Version OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010

I suppose it is a problem of the Prestashop Version in use. On mine cloud PS 1.6.1.3 no errors too.

post-741527-0-12679200-1463408888_thumb.jpg

How to check which versions of TLS and HTTP are being used by my store?

You should ask your host, they can tell you.

I have this problem 

Notice in Zeile 69 der Datei /customers/7/0/2/meriscon.com/httpd.www/artshop/modules/paypal/classes/TLSVerificator.php
[8] Undefined property: stdClass::$tls_version

PLEASE HELP!!!