Cart block moves to center after disabling the search bar ?

Hello,

I am using the default theme of Prestashop (default-bootstrap). I want to remove the search bar (box) and have the CART BLOCK floated to the right instead of being in the center of the header. I tried the solution of accessing "themes/default-bootstrap/modules/blockcart/blockcart.tpl" and changing this 

<div class="col-sm-4 clearfix {if $PS_CATALOG_MODE} header_user_catalog{/if}">  to this 

1. <div class="col-sm-4 clearfix pull-right{if $PS_CATALOG_MODE} header_user_catalog{/if}"> 

This solution did not work.

by the way, I am using PrestaShop 1.6

Thanks for your help

Hi!

Go to the back office modules and select positions. Then scroll down to view the top and then locate your search module. Unhook the module. Replace position of modules under modules / positions tab in your back office

place block cart module where you vant it. And you`re done!

Regards

MacRoy

Edited by MacRoy (see edit history)

Hello MacROy,

I am glad to receive attention from you. I already did what you said, but the problem is the moment I unhook the search box/bar, the block carts moves to the center of the header. I want it to be floated to the right. On the CSS, it is already floated to the right.

Would you clarify what you mean by "block cart module where you vant it. And you`re done!"?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

There is an option to have the shopping cart on the right, but the search box has to be activated:

Reactivate the search box module.

Go to Modules - Positions. There, look for displayTop.

Move the search box module to the first position, and the cart one to the second.

Now, go to /themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blockcart/blockcart.css and on #header .shopping_cart{ add float: right;

Then, go to /themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blocksearch/blocksearch.css and on #search_block_top{ add display: none;

This makes the search box invisible, it keeps been there, but at least you can't see it and the shopping cart stays on his position.