Update from 1.6.1.4 to 1.6.1.5

Hi all,

since the new version 1.6.1.5 is released I try to update from 1.6.1.4 on my test site, before to apply the upgrade to the production.

The update was successful, through on click upgrade module, but the theme I use, that is the default boostrap with minor changes is not displayed correctly at all. I'm missing all the images, practically I saw a text site.

I cleared the smart cache (manually to be sure) and also img/tmp ... nothing changed. Obviously before upgrading I set to no all the parameters that can effect the theme, the modules and so on.
I was forced to rollback..... and the site is back to 1.6.1.4 working right.

Any suggestion?
Thank you in advance
Boris

Also we had the issue here.
The issue: not loading / displaying the default bootstrap theme. Result from 1.6.1.4 with autoupgrade to 1.6.1.5.

Solution 1. Delete the cache folder in /themes/default_bootstrap/cache (only there!)

OR

Solution 2. Try to Disable all the CCC (combine, compile and cache) options for the theme files.

^ Clear cache always after 1 and 2.

Edited by Stefand (see edit history)
  • Like 2

The issue: not loading / displaying the default bootstrap theme. Result from 1.6.1.4 with autoupgrade to 1.6.1.5.

Solution 1. Delete the cache folder in /themes/default_bootstrap/cache (only there!)

OR

Solution 2. Try to Disable all the CCC (combine, compile and cache) options for the theme files.

Same problem. When activated, the CCC (combine, compile and cache) I have the problem......solution?

Did you follow stefand's solution?

• Like 1

OR

Solution 2 worked for me only if I leave "Smart cache for CSS" turned off. As soon as I turn it back on I have the problem again, but I'm fine leaving it off. Thank you for the help.

Similar issues as others, my solution was the same as JasonSGN.

Solution 2 worked for me as well but only if I leave "Smart cache for CSS" turned off. As soon as I turn it back on I have the problem again, I have no changes from default theme. "Smart cache for CSS" worked with no problems on version 1.6.1.4.

The problem appears to be the link to the css cache file.

The cache file v_61_32fa738c05d9451d9e9c85e5cbe8eb1e_all.css exists and is valid.

But the site tries to load:

www.mysite.org.uk/themes/default-bootstrap/cache/v_61_32fa738c05d9451d9e9c85e5cbe8eb1e_all.css

When it should load:

www.mysite.org.uk/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/cache/v_61_32fa738c05d9451d9e9c85e5cbe8eb1e_all.css

The link to the stylesheet that is loaded into the browser is missing the /shop/

The link to the JavaScript cache file is fine!

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Edited by tacc (see edit history)

Hi all,

I followed all the suggestion, in more details:

1. As per MacRoy

2. Both Stefand solutions

After upgrade deleted smarty cache and img/tmp

When I enable again smart cache CSS, the problem is back again.

I would like to remark that it is the first time I have this problem because the site was built with Presta 1.6.0.11 and until 1.6.1.4 all the upgrades through 1 click upgrade were ok without any problem.

So by my side some problem is going on with the smart cache CSS. If it is on I have the issue :(  if I have it off I don't

If any other solution is possible we have to leave smart CSS off. So I don't think I'll go to update the production :(

OR

The references to the compressed assets are lost when upgrading PrestaShop. It mostly happens when permissions on the theme folder are not set correctly beforehand.

You can simply regenerate them by removing all the files except index.php in the folder /themes/default-bootstrap/cache/

Hi!

Ensure that all caching is turned off before the update, and be sure to empty the cache from within the BackOffice worked flawlessly for me with 1-click upgrading from PS 1.6.1.4 to 1.6.1.5!

Regards

MacRoy

Upgrade went fine for me.. CCC works as it should in FO.

However, one of the issues 'fixed' was "// fix ccc for admin #5330"

The CCC still does nothing in my upgraded store.

see pic of the head section here...

post-404663-0-14120200-1460710205_thumb.jpg

Are all those gamification.css files really neccessary ?

That is the homepage of the B.O

Hi,

Please can you explain the permission requested? 755 are set for me, and generally I never changed the prestashop default permissions scheme. So in my mind it has to work.

I agree with your thought about this upgrade and it is enough complicate to manage.... It needs a lot of "work around" that are not acceptable for a minor update. Here we are not going to change the presta core but only applying a patch. :(

I'll wait for a working solution or a new upgrade release. This one not works for me. :(

@karolwild Alright, thanks for the info!

Let me explain to everyone what's going on after the upgrade:

After a successful upgrade, the files that need to be served have become different.

This means that the combined cache (CSS + JS) needs to be renewed and thus create a new combined file, e.g. v_xxx_xxxxx_all.css

The reference (or version number) to this file is kept in the configuration key PS_CSSJS_VERSION (table ps_configuration). If this reference is not updated, your PrestaShop will refer to the old non-existent file. In order to update the reference you can either:

- Turn off CCC and reenable it.

- Remove the configuration key from the table ps_configuration and ps_configuration_shop

If this doesn't help, you most likely have a working combined JS file, but no correct layout due to a missing v_xxx_xxx_all.css file.

In order to fix this you might have to check the permissions on the folder /themes/<theme name>/cache. Most important, PrestaShop will need to have just enough permissions to generate a new file and maintain ownership. For this you will need to make the current apache/nginx user the owner of the files. If you don't, there's a big chance that this will break again somewhere in the future. You can verify the correct settings with your hosting provider.

After you have verified the permissions you can try to renegerate the files again using the above-mentioned method.

If this still does not help you will need to check if there is any incorrectly configured caching on your server:

- Because the reference is stored in the database, make sure that your database server DOES NOT cache the ps_configuration table. It's too volatile to be cached.

- If you use any third party full page caching module, empty the cache as it will also cache the incorrect reference after an upgrade. If the full page cache module uses browser caching, wait until the cache has expired or empty your browser cache if you know how to do that.

- I can't verify whether Smarty caches the reference, so emptying the Smarty cache might help, but I'm not sure.

- Cloudflare is known to also apply browser caching for 4 hours by default. Select purge all files when using CloudFlare.

Still no luck? Consult a developer who can inspect your PrestaShop/webserver locally as there might be a bigger problem.

• Like 1

Attempted both of the suggested fixes, including a full roll back and reinstall to ensure all caching was switched off.

When Smart Cache for CSS - enabled this is part of the <head> delivered to the web browser......

<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/shop/img/favicon.jpg?1460670368">
<link rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" href="/shop/img/favicon.jpg?1460670368">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://www.MYSITE.org.uk/themes/default-bootstrap/cache/v_57_32fa738c05d9451d9e9c85e5cbe8eb1e_all.css" type="text/css" media="all">  
<link rel="stylesheet" href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:300,600&subset=latin,latin-ext" type="text/css" media="all">

There is a Console Error:

www.MYSITE.org.uk/themes/default-bootstrap/cache/v_57_32fa738c05d9451d9e9c85e5cbe8eb1e_all.css

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)

The cache file does exist but in    www.MYSITE.org.uk/SHOP/themes/default-bootstrap/cache/    folder

The links to the favicons in the code are ok just the link to the CSS cache file has the problem.

When Smart Cache for CSS - disabled the code delivered to the browser is.....

<link rel="icon" type="image/vnd.microsoft.icon" href="/shop/img/favicon.jpg?1460670368">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/css/global.css" type="text/css" media="all">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/css/autoload/highdpi.css" type="text/css" media="all">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/css/autoload/responsive-tables.css" type="text/css" media="all">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/css/autoload/uniform.default.css" type="text/css" media="all">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/css/modules/blockbanner/blockbanner.css" type="text/css" media="all">
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/shop/themes/default-bootstrap/css/product_list.css" type="text/css" media="all">

It appears to be something to so with the code that generates the HTML link to the cache files, it is missing out the /SHOP/ directory in the URL generated.

Not sure if this is an error in code or possibly a bad reference in the database referring to the wrong location.

Edited by tacc (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I only ever run Prestashop in a subdirectory, but looking at what happens, I would agree that it looks like the problem would only happen if you were using a subdirectory.

That would explain why some people are not facing the problem as it only occurs for people, like me, running a sub directory.

Yeah, I've been thinking about creating a sticky for all the issues that arise with 1.6.1.5. Good idea?

That's a good idea. So far I've encountered three fairly ugly regressions:

The CCC problems discussed here, not reported to PrestaShop forge yet, suggest you do.

The PDF generation 500 errors, see http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-7925 and http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCSX-7938

The missing addons problem, see http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PNM-3767

PrestaShop really really needs to get their unit-testing work in shape before the 1.7.0 release.

Hello,

rolling back the problem is solved

That's good news!
Thanks for letting us know.

So if I understand it correctly, it happens only when you place PrestaShop in a subdirectory?
I see that the way in which the URL (or reference) is generated has been altered. Apparently the new calculation is incorrect.

So in order to reproduce this, one must run PrestaShop in a subdirectory and at least enable CCC for CSS. Am I still right?

I don't think this will work, because with your insert of '/' you cause a doubled slash. The global variables _PS_THEME_DIR_ and _THEMES_DIR_ are already defined in defines_uri.inc with a subsequent slash:

define('_PS_THEME_DIR_',   _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/themes/'._THEME_NAME_.'/');
define('_THEMES_DIR_',     __PS_BASE_URI__.'themes/');

And instead of _THEME_NAME_ you should use _THEME_DIR_

define('_THEME_DIR_',      _THEMES_DIR_._THEME_NAME_.'/');

Though I think _PS_THEME_DIR_ should be sufficient in this context.

Hey all, first I wanted to add that I can also verify the stated CSS bug in this thread while Prestashop is installed in a sub directory as stated.

I can also verify this github fix helped alot, as 90% of styles properly returned immediately after completing this (with the CCC smarty cache enabled), but for some reason it did not fix everything.  For example in my case the first thing I can notice right away that was not fixed by this was my horizontal menu bar CSS is still missing showing the menu items in plain text on the page and the bar is not existent.

I don't think this will work, because with your insert of '/' you cause a doubled slash. The global variables _PS_THEME_DIR_ and _THEMES_DIR_ are already defined in defines_uri.inc with a subsequent slash:

define('_PS_THEME_DIR_',   _PS_ROOT_DIR_.'/themes/'._THEME_NAME_.'/');
define('_THEMES_DIR_',     __PS_BASE_URI__.'themes/');

And instead of _THEME_NAME_ you should use _THEME_DIR_

define('_THEME_DIR_',      _THEMES_DIR_._THEME_NAME_.'/');

Though I think _PS_THEME_DIR_ should be sufficient in this context.

I wanted to attempt your modification to the github fix to see if it addressed the rest of the CSS issues I was having with the horizontal bar, but I was not clear on your recommended change.  The github fix has linke 597 as:

$url = str_replace(_PS_THEME_DIR_, _THEMES_DIR_._THEME_NAME_.'/', $filename);

How were you recommending that be changed?

Hi there, I just tried to upgrade on xampp from old presta 1.5.6.1. to new version 1.6.1.5. I upgraded trough 1-click module, installation was successful, back office is working corectly. But front office looks like without css style. Front office is working If I switch off the smart cache for CSS. I want to upgrade to the new version asap. My question is should I upgrade to 1.6.1.4. or to 1.6.1.5.? If the good step is version 1.6.1.5. should I follow posts #22 or #28 of this thread? Or is the best to wait for 1.6.1.6. which will fix it? But I don't want to wait weeks :-).

Thanks

Edit: that kind of trick (mentioned in post #28) with Media.php is working to me.

Edited by Radek100 (see edit history)

Hi mdekker!

Yes it also occur if you remove taxes!

I have now made a deep dive and really checked all the settings, and I turned off almost all modules except those that I depend on and need, of course. The problem with the price displayed in the shopping cart before you have logged in is real. But now when I log in, reducing the price by a Swedish crown. I have also checked the rounding of currency and is not changed.

So this must be a bug. I did not have these problems with PS 1.6.1.4!

Do you have any good tips, or preferably a fix for this?

Best regards

MacRoy

Hi mdekker!

Yes it also occur if you remove taxes!

I have now made a deep dive and really checked all the settings, and I turned off almost all modules except those that I depend on and need, of course. The problem with the price displayed in the shopping cart before you have logged in is real. But now when I log in, reducing the price by a Swedish crown. I have also checked the rounding of currency and is not changed.

So this must be a bug. I did not have these problems with PS 1.6.1.4!

Do you have any good tips, or preferably a fix for this?

Best regards

MacRoy

I found what the problem was. I had missed during test mode to disable a customer's discount. So now the case is solved!

One can sometimes miss a very small thing that can adjust to it so much.

Regards

MacRoy

There seem to be several issues with this recent upgrade.  I am not receiving emails for orders, orders with Paypal are creating multiple messages, orders arent updating status when done manually, getting errors when updating products, etc.  I updated all of the recent bugs with new files but still seeing issues. 

I am having the same issus, with not being able to use combine css. When I do, the css is not loaded.

I have made the upgrade in a test shop, and need to do it to my main shop. Should I wait for the next release?

Does anybody know when it will be ready??

I upgraded from 1.6.0.14. - Not upgrading the default theme.

The things that drives me crazy is that almost a year ago they stated to adhere SemVer, i.e 1.6.1.5 should only contain bug fixes. But despite this claim they can't stop adding what they call features (truly bugs). Invoice pagination, CCC optim, ... not tests and not a single word about this on the change log.

After the stop of RC phase, this, It is a progressive back to the old infamous release process that had prooved over years to be bad...

In the mean time still about 100 PR over than a year old not commited

• Like 1

If you want to take a peek into what PrestaShop is planning for 1.6.1.6, check out this link:

https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/milestones/1.6.1.6

Of course that list of fixes may change before the final 1.6.1.6 release.

I just wanted to mention this since many of the issues discussed in this topic have fixes in progress there.

To be honest, unless you have programming skills and can merge these fixes from git etc, your best bet for now is probably to stay on 1.6.1.4, ignore 1.6.1.5, and hope 1.6.1.6 is better when it's released.

Edited by roband (see edit history)
  • Like 2

That Media.php css issue was a major pita. Why can't prestashop fix the damned file for autoupdate. I mean why leave it like this until the next release?

It is ridiculous to force users to hunt through forums seeking answers when the fix was identified 2 flippin weeks ago.

• Like 6

Similar issues as others, my solution was the same as JasonSGN.

Solution 2 worked for me as well but only if I leave "Smart cache for CSS" turned off. As soon as I turn it back on I have the problem again, I have no changes from default theme. "Smart cache for CSS" worked with no problems on version 1.6.1.4.

I had the same problem (p.s. I installed this as subdirectory) after upgrade from 1.6.1.1 to 1.6.1.5 with 1-click upgrade. I had tried couple times with 1-click upgrade but did not have problem.

With the solution 2, it fixed the problem. I have the Smart cache for CSS ON BEFORE update and it worked for year.

Hi All!

I found this Bug. Have you also seen it?

Price that is set in the store Back Office is not the same as the price shown in the Front Office Prestashop 1.6.1.5

Best regards

MacRoy

I tried but no problem in reflecting the updated price.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, I've just upgraded from 1.6.1.5 to 1.6.1.6 but BO still says I'm using 1.6.1.5  :angry:  even tho the upgrade was successful??

After many failures to upgrade from BO, I  successfully upgraded it from my server, 10mins later I realised that the problem from the BO unable to upgrade has to do with an old backup zip folder sitting in the public HTML . I deleted that old backup folder and the upgrade was successful without any problems, except that BO still displays that I'm using the old version, 1.6.1.5 but on my server, it displays that I'm using the current version 1.6.1.6  I have No Idea what's going on  :rolleyes: ! 

• 3 years later...

Hi @All

- Please check the theme cache folder and confirm the CCC file is generated or not.

- Then check the website configured in sub folder 

- Then we need to change the path in media file from classes.

$css_files[$protocol_link.Tools::getMediaServer($url).$url] = $media;

Now it work fine.

Thanks

Annadurai