1 Database for 2 PrestaShop and use 2 different Templates?!

Yes, when you install Prestashop it will ask you for a "prefix".  The default is ps_, however you can change that to something like ps1_ and ps2_

The installations will be completely different from each other, so you can install different themes and different modules.

You can also look into multi-store

Saluti !

so, thanks for answer, but the next prob ist, i cant make a multi-store, cuse my template (from MT is not for multi-shop using, ...)

for using 2 different prefix:  can shop one read the database with the ps2_ and the second the ps1_ database if they have 2 different prefixes?! 

best regards from lucerne

• 3 weeks later...

Hi to all,

I was reading your posts and I would like to ask how i can solve my situation. In my case I need to use the same database (sharing products, clients, orders...) but i need two differents templates! which can be the solution? a multistore or is there a more simple solution?

Thanks in advance to you all,

Filippo

Hi to all,

I was reading your posts and I would like to ask how i can solve my situation. In my case I need to use the same database (sharing products, clients, orders...) but i need two differents templates! which can be the solution? a multistore or is there a more simple solution?

Thanks in advance to you all,

Filippo

With the multistore feature, you install a single prestashop instance, which will use only a single database.  And you can enable multistore and then configure how the catalog and customers are shared between the stores (all using a single database).

Each Shop can then use the same Theme, or they can use different Themes