1.6.1.4 Making whole header sticky with search bar

Hi All,

Good Day. :)

I am using the default theme. I want to make my whole header sticky meaning the logo, top horizontal menus, search bar, cart, contact us and help. Actually i already did on my top  horizontal menu by looking at the blog of prestagear. Please help me do it thanks in advance. You may see image for your reference. :)

What i wanted: Make all the header here sticky same like the prestashop forums.post-1231497-0-17108900-1460205720_thumb.png

Thanks. :)

Hi Nemo,

Good Day.:)

Thanks for the info, but i am not that familiar to CSS and HTML5 can u help me please, i don't know where to put it inside is it in the global css plus where can i find the HTML5 of the theme, i can only see it when i use view page source. Maybe you have a video on this?

Regards,

charlesthenewb 

Hi Nemo. :)

Oh ok, umm i have a question though if i update the CSS, .tpl of the theme and updated the prestashop version. Will the changes made from the previous site be updated? How do you prevent this? Save a file first then update the prestashop then inserted it again inside the new prestashop version?

Regards

charlesthenewb

If you want to apply it to the default theme, then yeah your changes would be lost. What you can do is clone the theme folder and apply the mods to the clone one, instead of the one labeled default-bootstrap. No problem with custom themes

Hi Nemo,

Thanks for replying even though it is a different topic, Actually i just copy the theme but the main module of prestashop i didnt back it up it is that correct or the whole prestashop should be copied and paste again in the wamp/www/ which will then be rename? I learned it in wordpress though. What should i do lets say, if the process is to copy all the details plus the prestashop folder, and if i updated it how will prestashop be updated is it the prestashop folder only or both if both how to prevent updating the cloned or rename cloned folder?

Lastly can you help me make website like kocamoca?

Thank you very much

Regards. :)

charlesthenewb

The visual changes are usually applied to entities in the theme folder only. Even if you change the modules' appearence, you can find css and tpls for the default ones in the theme folder /modules (or css/modules, or js/modules)