Prestashop keeps looping back to login screen

If you do a google on this issue, it has many hits none of the suggestions work for me.

I login as admin to my prestashop and almost any link in the admin page takes me back to login screen again.

This same issue has been reported for several years now I dont understand why its still an issue but any suggestions how to fix appreciated.

Right, well I will answer this one myself:

1..went to my database selected all items then DROP

2..copied the INSTALL directory over again and did a reinstall.

SeemED to be working OK.

However, even though I have an account in the prestastore, when I use my CP with the correct login, it comes up with this error:

PrestaShop was unable to log in to Addons. Please check your credentials and your Internet connection.

This problem was mentioned on prestashop forums but nobody came up with an answer. I tried chat support but after waiting for ages message advised chat was no longer working.

Prestashop even after INSTALL directory is deleted reinstates it and gives error message then after deleting it reverts back to useless looping back to login.

I have installed several Opencart, Zencart, ECWID and this and must say that Prestashop, though it looks good, is the largest install with problems.

For ease of use, implementation and flexibility ECWID is head and shoulders above the rest but free is limited to 10 items. However with Prestashop its more expensive when you start looking at the cost of themes and time on maintenance etc.

To summarize Prestashop looks good, but costs heaps if you want addons, and its the worst for reliability on clean install I have tried. Support is very mediocre as is attested by Q&A on this forum.

Im outa here!