PayPal Direct Payments Return URL

Regarding the PayPal Direct Payments module:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/5314-paypal-direct-payments.html

What is the return URL I need to enter in PayPal?

I have tried:
http://www.mysite.com/modules/npaypalpro/views/templates/front/order-confirmation.tpl

but its not redirecting to the order confirmation page; Im instead returned to either the login page (when placing the order as a guest) or to the order history page (when placing the order by creating an account).

I need to be returned to the order confirmation page in both cases, how can I do that?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regarding the PayPal Direct Payments module:

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/5314-paypal-direct-payments.html

What is the return URL I need to enter in PayPal?

I have tried:

http://www.mysite.com/modules/npaypalpro/views/templates/front/order-confirmation.tpl

but its not redirecting to the order confirmation page; Im instead returned to either the login page (when placing the order as a guest) or to the order history page (when placing the order by creating an account).

I need to be returned to the order confirmation page in both cases, how can I do that?

Any help is much appreciated.

I would try to write the developer first, I'm sure they have the correct answer.

Yes, I already wrote them two times but they don't respond. As far as I understand the developer is Prestashop; Im surprised they have such a bad customer service/tech support.

Makes me want to start looking for a different shopping cart.

Yes, I already wrote them two times but they don't respond. As far as I understand the developer is Prestashop; Im surprised they have such a bad customer service/tech support.

Makes me want to start looking for a different shopping cart.

I see.. I know you probably checked it, but isn't there any documentation coming with the module? No instructions how to install it?

Yes there is installation instructions with the module but it does not mention anything about the return URL.

All common sense would suggest that this is the correct return URL:

since this is what is included in the module as the only "order-confirmation" file. But when I use this URL in PayPal and place an order then I'm just returned to the login page.

Do I need to move this "order-confirmation.tpl" file to the root directory? Are there any settings in Prestashop that can cause this behavior?

Sorry to be a little off-topic, but you said the customer service isn't good and you're considering looking for something else? Is this just based on this experience, or do you also have other negative experiences? I'm actually here to try and make my mind up as to whether PrestaShop is right for me, so of course I would like to hear both sides of the coin. I have heard many good things actually, which is why I am looking into it, and I don't think with only one bad experience I would say a company has bad customer service. But if you have more examples, please share them with me. 

I don't have other serious negative experiences with Prestashop customer service, but I also haven't contacted them earlier. I think its a big red flag if a company's customer service does not respond to your messages. Yesterday I filed a dispute with PayPal and finally Prestashop responded. Its bad karma that it takes a dispute to get them to respond.

When deciding on a shopping cart solution you should of course also look at the product itself and not only the customer service.

I don't have other serious negative experiences with Prestashop customer service, but I also haven't contacted them earlier. I think its a big red flag if a company's customer service does not respond to your messages. Yesterday I filed a dispute with PayPal and finally Prestashop responded. Its bad karma that it takes a dispute to get them to respond.

When deciding on a shopping cart solution you should of course also look at the product itself and not only the customer service.

I absolutely agree that customer service needs to be good. But one bad experience isn't the basis for judging whether a company is bad on the whole. But, that being said, I have seen more than once on this forum that customer service has been rather lacking. It's really sad because on the one had PrestaShop seems to have so many good features that I am looking for. But I keep on hearing negative comments. Of course I still want to thoroughly look into it. And now that I know there is a link to test features and functions for free before committing, I am doing that. I don't know. This is all making the decision quite a bit harder. 

• 1 year later...