[SOLVED] Add a variable to ajax cart

Rhobur

Hi,

I am stuck at this point.

I have a select added to product-list and a resulting jquery selected option variable.

I need to add it to the ajax cart in order to see what the client selected, no price influence yet just a simple display.

I can POST this variable, can catch it in a php variable but cannot neither assign it to another Smarty variable nor make a direct Smarty assignment through $_POST or $smarty.post.

Trying that results in a blank page and a console error "Post 500 (Internal Server Error)"

Can someone enlighten me of how I can see the variable content in the ajax cart?

Or at least give me some pointers?

I have looked all over and found nothing useful.

Have a great week, all!

R.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

- you have to add it to /themes/theme_name/js/modules/blockcart/ajax-cart.js, in a couple of places:

inside function : overrideButtonsInThePage : function(){

- Here get the select's value and save it in a custom variable called MyExtraParameter ,and add as an extra parameter for function: ajaxCart.add(idProduct, idProductAttribute, false, this, minimalQuantity,MyExtraParameter);
- then modify the add function, by adding your extra parameter like :
add : function(idProduct, idCombination, addedFromProductPage, callerElement, quantity,MyExtraParameter, whishlist){

-Inside this function, you have to pass the parameter inside the ajax call :
data: 'controller=cart&add=1&ajax=true&qty=' + ((quantity && quantity != null) ? quantity : '1') + '&id_product=' + idProduct + '&token=' + static_token + ( (parseInt(idCombination) && idCombination != null) ? '&ipa=' + parseInt(idCombination): '' + '&id_customization=' + ((typeof customizationId !== 'undefined') ? customizationId : 0))='&MyExtraParameter='parseInt(MyExtraParameter ),

-you may have to add it to file /modules/blockcart/blockcart.php , add it in function: hookAjaxCall(..... (I am not 100% sure that you need to add it here, since all parameters are assigned to the json TPL)
-lastly modify the file /themes/|YOURTHEME/modules/blockcart/blockcart-json.tpl , in order to be accessible in the ajax cart.
Regards, Leo

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@leo:

CC: shacker

Sorry for taking so long in replying.

I missed your post, somehow the forum notification didn't work.

I circumvented this issue until now but it still bugs me so I will try what you said and get back with the results.

Thank you for your help!

• 2 months later...

@Leo,

Thank you for trying to help!

Having a little spare time, just got back to my mod.

I need to add a custom variable from the product list.

So far I did:

- added the variable MyVariable in the product-list's cart button data attribute;

- declared it in the ajax-cart.js, added it to the ajax.add call;

- declared MyVariable: {MyVariable} in the blockcart-json.tpl

- since those variables are POST-ed to the cart controller I tried to retrieve MyVariable there in the displayAjax method but seems I can't find it.

Any idea about how can I retrieve this variable?

Kind Regards,

Robert

[sOLVED] Was looking at the wrong function. I needed the postProcess one.

Thanks Leo for the pointers above.