SmartPlugs

[MODULE] Redirection manager : manage 301 redirects and 404 errors

Redirection manager

We've been working many time on 301 redirects for the past five years, and we put everything in a module that we called redirection manager.

As the goal is to manage redirection this module allows you to :

• Manually add redirection one by one
  • Import redirections from CSV file
  • Automatically create new redirection when a product or a category is deleted

If you are looking for something for 404 issues, please note that redirection manager can be configured to create an inactive redirection when a 404 error occurs. As it also counts when a matching request is done you will be able to decide quicky what 404 error you should redirect.

Redirection manager provides other features like :

• Multi-language support
  • Mutti-shop support
  • Redirect an url whatever the querystring parameters are
  • Redirect an url with parameters whatever the parameters order is

http://addons.prestashop.com/en/21428-redirections-manager-manage-301-302-and-404.html

The Redirections Manager module provides now the ability to automatically redirect disabled products to their default category

Dnia 12.05.2016 o 11:45 AM, SmartPlugs napisał:

Moduł Redirections Manager zapewnia teraz możliwość automatycznego przekierowania wyłączonych produktów do ich domyślnej kategorii

Very nice module, indispensable when running a store.

Today, however, I noticed that entering a random string of characters after / does not affect the entry in the module. I submitted the issue via the addons form. A few days ago I installed a shop in version 1.7.5.0.

Hi Jacek,

Thanks for writing "indispensable when running a store".
Obviously this module had been tested on PS 1.7.5.0 and works fine.

I just had a look on your module config and it was not configured to add redirect on any 404 error but only for product, category, CMS etc urls scheme. I changed this param to make it works for any 404 and everything's fine.

Yann

35 minut temu, SmartPlugs napisał:

Cześć Jacek,

Dzięki za pisanie "niezbędny przy prowadzeniu sklepu".
Oczywiście ten moduł został przetestowany na PS 1.7.5.0 i działa dobrze.

Właśnie rzuciłem okiem na twoją konfigurację modułu i nie było skonfigurowane do dodawania przekierowania w przypadku błędu 404, ale tylko w przypadku schematu adresów produktów, kategorii, CMS itp. Zmieniłem ten parametr, aby działał dla każdego 404 i wszystko jest w porządku.

Yann

It seems that from the very beginning I had a wrongly configured module, although in version 1.6 I am convinced that without this option I have been collecting all the errors. Thanks great for the quick and effective response. A big plus for revealing yourself on the forum and getting out to customers.

Hi,

I have several problems with your module:
- the module does not return all errors. Default prestashop module 404 also returns entries that do not appear in the list of your application
- the program allowed to add the same phrases twice
- links that I remove from indexes on google are redirected for convenience at http://www.planety-budowlane.pl (without ssl). When you try to edit and check the "Whatever the querystring" option, it returns error 500
- export to a file causes error 500. I can not do bulk editing on an xls file (80,000 redirections)

A few weeks ago I sent you a lot of comments via addons, are you planning to answer them?

Hi Jacek,

If the module is well configured it does save all 404 as redirects (in active state if configured AND if the url correspond to a PrestaShop known scheme of url).
It seems that you want to redirect all 404 whatever they correspond to an old url or not (in one of the numerous messages you sent you wrote "I want the module to return all links with 404 errors, because their exclusion determines the quality of the site in terms of seo" and later "In order for the module to be friendly to seo, it should be possible to add links in the active version"). I've been working on SEO for years and i very probably have a very good idea of what is SEO friendly or not. Search engines does not expect you to redirect all 404, even Matt Cuts explains this in some videos. The module is designed to redirect any url that needs to be redirected (like real old urls) and will never be designed to redirect 404 that you are not supposed to redirect (like /whataboutdoinga404testonmywebsite/google_does_not_expect_me_to_be_redirected.html).

If you get error 500 importing redirects it very probably means that you reached the max execution time on your webserver. Why don't you display the error message ?
Same thing for your second error 500 and i'm hundred percent sure this is due to your server/PrestaShop configuration. This module is installed on more than 1000 website and if it had such error it would have been fixed for a long time.

Bombing people with many short messages is never a good solution.
Last time i worked on your website i noticed that there are missing IDs in some tables in database and in my opinion this is due to some manual deletion that is a bad thing.
The credentials that i have for your BO does not work, please send me some fonctionnal ones.

Yann

Hi, i have your module but too much redirects have been generated. the DB table smpl_redirection contains 171827 lines, and does not clean up with the tool. How can I clean the table? can I delete old redirect manually from db? thanks

Hi ietax,

The module is able to automatically add redirects when a 404 occurs but i always recommand to let this happening for just a lap of time like 1 month as example.
If this option is always turned on you will get a lot of useless redirects of course. This feature was just designed to help "retrieving" old deleted urls and i think very important (and deleted) urls should be requested oftenly. So in my idea you should retrieve thoses urls in only few days.

Anyway, the tools you are talking about is supposed to delete redirects added on 404 error and if they're still disabled. I'm suprised that it does not work for you. You can send me BO and FTP credentials whithin the addons module page and i will have a look.

Otherwise, yes, it's still possible to delete some redirect in the database in the  ps_smpl_redirection table (please note that there's also a  ps_smpl_redirection_shop table that references the primary key of ps_smpl_redirection).

Hope it will help,

Yann