Featured Products error

Hey guys, 

I really need your help. I'm portuguese so sorry for my english I promise I will try my best to explain my situation. 

I have an online shop that sells adult content so I will not post the URL here. In that shop I'm using a theme that I bought. This theme has its own module for featured products, however the default module is not active. For featured products to show on homepage with this module simply associate any of them to the category "Root" and they appear, the problem is that my store is synchronized to the store of my supplier so, all the products are associated with this category and we can not move them. I tried to create a new category, associate products that I want to feature to that category and then go to the PHP featured products of the theme module and change the ID for this new category, but it did not work, the home page is blank. I do not know if I'll be doing well to change but wanted your help to know where I have to change the ID of the category, because I do not understand very well the language in PHP. I will attach the module PHP file and if you guys can tell me where I change the root category ID to the new ID category is the "277" i'll be grateful. I can also deactivate the Featured Products module of the theme and active the default but i try that and the homepage is blank to, i think I must have to do something to show that default module instead of the new module theme.  

Thank you very much

Best Regards

tmfeatureproducts.php