Credit/Debit card payment to my friends online store (Seeking advice)

OlliS

Hello there PrestaShop community,

I am asking this question on behalf of a friend of mine, whose not an English speaker (Not that I am, since im from Finland).

Anyway, a friend of mine is running an online store, selling fishing merchandise, such as lures, fishing poles etc.

He is currently taking payments with bank wire transfers but he would like to have an option for the customers to pay with a Credit or Debit card.

Now I know that there are different modules already to choose from, such as PayPal, which seems quite good option however he would like to use a Finnish online payment service called Checkout.fi (http://www.checkout.fi/

He has already registered an account with Checkout.fi and they've sent him some sort of security-key (looks like SHA key) which should be input to a module (I think, I am not running any online stores myself so I am not too skilled with these things, I am just skilled with IT things in general).

Now Checkout doesn't have any premade modules for PrestaShop, however they have partner companies that have developed some modules but they cost around 350€, therefore my friend is looking other options.

So the question is --- Is there any module that can be used with the Checkout.fi service (with the seller ID and security key thing) OR are these modules always developed per service provider, meaning that you cant use different online payment services details with different modules?

As I said, I am not familiar with these things as I am just seeking advice for a friend of mine whose not English speaking person and therefore I hope that this thread will not be locked because there might be similar threads already.

Thank you in advance and I am looking forward for some great answers and I am more than happy to provide more information if necessary.

I've spoken,

-Olli S on behalf of Grosari Finland (www.grosari.net)

You would need a module specifically designed to work with their payment gateway. 

Hi Bellini13 and thanks for the reply,

Do you know if there are any modules available where he could set the payment gateways and things manually?

Thanks,

-Olli