Move from Local Host to Paid Host

TechnoWave

Hi

I'm using easyPHP to run a demo version of my first PrestaShop site and are in need of some advice.

Specification:

- EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC9

- Window 7 operating system

When I decide to move to a paid host, What files do I need to copy.

I found some of the files under C:\Program Files (x86)\ EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC9.

That's what made me ask the question in the first place :wacko:

"Move your files:

1. Make a backup of all the files: connect to your FTP server, and copy all the files and folders to your local hard-drive."

I found some of the files under C:\Program Files (x86)\ EasyPHP-DevServer-14.1VC9.

Where are the files I need to backup?

That's what made me ask the question in the first place :wacko:

"Move your files:

1. Make a backup of all the files: connect to your FTP server, and copy all the files and folders to your local hard-drive."

Where are the files I need to backup?

You installed a ftp on easyphp ? EasyPHP don't install FTP, it is just WAMP (Windows + Apache + MySQL + PHP).  You need to install and configure manually a ftp and connect this by command line on editor (ftp_connect/ftp_list). For EasyPHP and a better management I suggest you to extend the software and also install Filezilla Server. This than you can connect easily.

For to copy the Prestashop files to your paid host you need the access to FTP on localhost and also to your paid server.

This install tutorial will help you find your files: http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS16/Installing+PrestaShop+on+your+computer