page viewed counter always at zero (best categories, products, 1.6.1.4)

Hi folks,

I found a strange behaviour for the statistics on our shop. The visitor counter counts visits on our page, but the statistics remains on the visited pages remains on zero / 0 counts.

Sold products are counted (->appear in best product list), but even these have zero counts on their product page / category page.

I had a look into the sql table:

ps_page_viewed

, which seems to get updated correcty after visiting a product page.

In the backoffice I enabled modules "best product", "best categories" etc.

Module "Data mining for statistics v1.5.0"  is  installed, and here

- Save page views for each customer : no

- Save global page views: yes

- Plugins detection : no

are selected (I combined all variations on this, without effect. Btw. , what is "plugins detection?").

Since the table

ps_page_viewed

is not empty I guess the page visit data are not transported correctly to the backend view (missing module, configuration wrong?)

Has somebody an idea, how to get correct statistic / page view counter to the backend?

Thank you

dirk

Hi, me again.

I figured out now:

Products are listed in the stats->best-selling products only, when they are sold. And then also the view count is correct, I checked it by viewing at an already sold product.

Since the shop is new, there are many products not sold yet, therefore not listed in this view.

So the new question is:

Is it possible in the stats module to get the view counts per product per dateframe , i.e. something like "best viewed product" , (same like "best selling product", regardless of being sold). Same thing for category views and so on.

If this is not a module or setting issue, maybe someone has a good sql statement to do it "manual".

Thank you,

d.

• 2 weeks later...

hi again,

this still is not solved. But i found a sql to get a product view statistic from this thread

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/425211-solved-how-to-create-query-sql-manager-for-viewed-pages-anyone.

Maybe in the meantime somebody knows, how to get the correct view statistics for product and categories from backoffice  (and so with the current datevalues from the datepicker) like :

dateTime  -  productname -  page_viewed

thanks

dirk

(I still believe, I have overseen this feature somewhere... )

• 3 years later...