[SOLVED] Block advertising v0.1 has ruined my add to cart!

Hi

I activated Block advertising v0.1 in my testshop, modified some css to make the text black and some text in the Danish language files. I thought it was working okay and installed in my live shop. However, now when I try to add a product to my cart - be it an advertising block product or just a regular product, I now get error messages saying it cannot add to cart. If I hit my esc key, the products are still added to the cart - but it is not right. My cart is also collapsed when i erase all temp files and cookies - so it looks like my cart module has crashed even though this is a standard module in the Prestashop download?!

I have removed the Block advertising v0.1, cleared all browser files, tried in Firefox instead of IE etc, and the error is still there. What has this module possibly messed up in my files??? As it is my liveshop, this does not look good:-(

Prestashop Version 1.2.5.0 - 0.289s

Looks like something is wrong with /classes/Cart.php (or maybe one of the other classes in there).

First see if they were changed recently (you can see the dates using an ftp client), if they were, you should try to go back to the original files.

If non of them was changed, nor /cart.php (in the homedir), then I would have to think about it a bit more...

I looked through all my files, and the only ones changed recently where my global.css and admin.php

I am currently uploading my testshop backup - unfortunately I don't have a full similar version of my live shop. However I do have all the files seperately that I've changed stored, and a DB-backup from a few days ago.

My backup is now done and I have the same error, which tells me that my database is messed up?

Its really hard to tell without taking a closer look, however, the database would be the last place I would look.
You could try to do a database check with phpMyAdmin, but if it is the database, most likely other parts would not work either.

I would rename the /classes directory on the server, and upload a fresh copy (from the installation files) and see if that helps.

I've put solved in the headline, although that is not really the case. I have now disabled Ajax in my cart and can now add products. Something has been destroyed in my cart when I activated that module - I don't see any other reason why my shop went from working to giving me error messages when trying to add things to the cart.

Can give me some ideas to debugging?

The reason why I concluded that the module is to blame is the fact that both my testshop and my liveshop worked fine, before I added this module. In my testshop I had the module activated with the Ajax cart and got the pop up message with errors, I switched the module off, turned off Ajax and activated the module again, and that works fine. However, switching on Ajax again provokes the same error again.

I've had the thought that perhaps Ajax needs to be de-activated before installing the module and then switched on again afterwards? But I haven't had the chance to test this in a fresh installation yet. Also I thought that it might be something to do with the fact that I have removed the Add to cart on my products, ie. the customer has to view the product before adding it to his cart (this is due to the fact that adding a product with attributes to the cart, selects the default product without asking).

PrestaShop is brilliant and easy to use, but it does have flaws too.